Summary: Deals with the Biblical approach to decaying society standards.
The Nuclear Family under attack
If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?” Ps. 11
In part 1 we examined the Fight and the Fallout associated with a coordinated spiritual, philisophical, and moral attack on the family. This morning we're going to focus on what we can do about it.
1. OUR FOCUS: “What can the righteous do?”
A. RECOGNIZE WE’RE UNDER ATTACK. (Personally) Mark 327
“We ought to give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.” (Heb. 2:1,2)
1) Satan will intensify the attack on us in order to “bind us” and then “spoil our house”. (Primarily our family, secondarily our church.)
2) Monitor our leaders (political and social) through watchdog groups such as NCFamily.org or Citizenwatch.org (?) Keep others informed!!!!!
B. RESIST THE INFLUENCES OF THE WORLD INTO OUR LIVES. (Ro. 12:1,2)
“Be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.”
COL. 2:8 “beware lest any man spoil you…”
1) Even harmful radiation can be “attenuated”.
a) Neutrons can be reduced by 90% with 10” of water.
b) Gammas can be reduced 90% with 24” water.
c) Alpha’s can be reduced by 1mm of paper or cloth.
2) Just as we “lock” the doors and/or set up alarms to protect our homes, we need to develop some “shields” to attenuate the destructive humanistic “radiation” that bombards us.
(Computer filters, TV regulations, magazine/music limitations, etc.
Our Christian children are growing up “feeding” at the polluted plates of the world’s philosophies.
(Jer. 2:13) “For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. “
C. REINFORCE THE GOD GIVEN “BONDS” THAT PROTECT THE NUCLEUS.
“Be watchful and strengthen the things that remain…” Rev. 3:2
Just as God created certain natural and nuclear bonds to hold atoms and elements together (Covalent, Ionic, mechanical, etc.), so He has created certain bonds to help hold our families and hence our societies together.
1) IN OUR FAMILIES:
a) Maintain an intimacy (physically, emotionally, and spiritually) with our wives.
b) Prioritize your relationship with your children. If you lose them, they often spiral out of control, causing further fragmentation. BILL BLEVINS
2) IN OUR CHURCHES. Molecules are a combination of different atoms that share “electrons”, thus “working together”. They are “kept together” by various bonds such as covalent, ionic, or metallic. Whatever affects the atoms affect the molecules.
* Some need to stop “floating around” disconnected from others.
* All need to strengthen the bonds that keep us connected and protected.
“Bless be the tie that binds”
1 Peter 4:17 “For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?