Summary: ON FINDING THE PERFECT WIFE
Genesis 24 v. 50 - 67 ON FINDING THE PERFECT WIFE Note
1. THE SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT WIFE - v. 1 - 14 Note:-
(b) The Basis for the Search - v. 3 & 4 "And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell: But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac." 2 Corinthians 6 v. 14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"
(1) A Mission v. 4 "Thou shalt go" - Matthew 28 v. 19 & 20 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
(2) The Movitation - i.e. he loved his master
(3) The Method i.e. He Went - v. 10 "And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master, and departed; for all the goods of his master were in his hand: and he arose, and went to Mesopotamia, unto the city of Nahor."
He Waited - v. 13 "Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water:"
He Watched - v. 15 "And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder."
He Worked - v. 17 "And the servant ran to meet her, and said, Let me, I pray thee, drink a little water of thy pitcher."
(4) The Means - i.e. Note the principles of finding the perfect wife:- i.e. of
(a) Knowing God's Word - v. 4 "But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac." 2 Corinthians 6 v. 14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" i.e. His plans, principles,and purposes for your life
(b) Doing God's Will - v. 5 & 6 "And the servant said unto him, Peradventure the woman will not be willing to follow me unto this land: must I needs bring thy son again unto the land from whence thou camest? And Abraham said unto him, Beware thou that thou bring not my son thither again." in either success or failure
(c) Trusting God's Way - v. 7 & 8 "The LORD God of heaven, which took me from my father's house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this land; he shall send his angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence. And if the woman will not be willing to follow thee, then thou shalt be clear from this my oath: only bring not my son thither again."