Summary: This is a two part sermon series on the Blood of Jesus Christ. In this sermon I define the Blood and give 3 points on what the Blood accomplishes in our lives.
Title: One Drop Of Blood
Text: Hebrews 9:11-15
- What is the Blood of Jesus Christ, and why is it important?
- There are at least 43 references to the blood of Christ in the New Testament, all testifying to its great importance in the salvation and daily life of the believer.
- Judas the betrayer spoke of it as "innocent blood (Matthew 27:4) and Peter called it "the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (I Peter l:9).
- It is the cleansing blood in I John l:7 and the washing blood in Rev. l:5, stressing that it removes the guilt of our sins.
- The blood of Jesus Christ is central to the New Testament concept of redemption.
- Eph 2:13 says, “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.”
- Rev 12:11 also states, “They overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.”
- The blood is not a morbid thing that television has produced, it is not something gross but rather something beautiful.
- The world doesn’t understand the songs we sing Washed in the blood of the Lamb, or There is a Crimson foundation filled with blood.
- Sounds morbid, but it’s something beautiful, because there is life in the blood for all who will be cleansed by His blood
- The Blood is what brings people near to God, it reconciles people back to God, we have access to God in prayer because of the shedding of Jesus blood, it’s a beautiful thing.
- This evening all of you here, sit in the presence of God because you have been washed in the blood of the lamb.
- You may not see it, but in the supernatural God sees the blood of His Son upon your life and that makes you worthy to sit in His presence.
- I like this story that shows the power in the Blood to transform lives:
When evangelist John Wesley (1703-1791) was returning home from a service one night, he was robbed. The thief, however, found his victim to have only a little money and some Christian literature. As the bandit was leaving, Wesley called out, "Stop! I have something more to give you." The surprised robber paused. "My friend," said Wesley, "you may live to regret this sort of life. If you ever do, here’s something to remember: ’The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin!’" The thief hurried away, and Wesley prayed that his words might bear fruit.
Years later, Wesley was greeting people after a Sunday service when he was approached by a stranger. What a surprise to learn that this visitor, now a believer in Christ as a successful businessman, was the one who had robbed him years before! "I owe it all to you," said the transformed man. "Oh no, my friend," Wesley exclaimed, "not to me, but to the precious blood of Christ that cleanses us from all sin!"
- One drop of blood will change the coarse of the world, it will change our families, friends and society.
- It determines our eternal destiny and gives us the peace of God while on earth.
- Yes the Blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for the world is a beautiful thing.
- Now that we no what the blood is, I want to give you the benefits of One Drop Of His Blood.
Benefit 1: One Drop Of Blood Produces Forgiveness
Matt 26:28 says, “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.”
- Forgiveness is necessary because we have sinned, destroyed our relationship with God and become subject to condemnation.
- Forgiveness is the means by which this relationship is restored.
- Forgiveness means to pardon, to cancel, or to send away.
- God’s forgiveness involves forgetfulness, saving people from eternal punishment, accepting them, delivering them from sin grip and transferring them into Christ’s Kingdom.
- It also includes development of the person, God promises to make you more like Him renewing you day unto day. He also promises eternal life.
- This is what forgiveness is God’s way, lets see what forgiveness does not look like:
A turtle family went on a picnic. They had prepared seven years for their outing. The family left home, searching for a suitable place. During the second year of their journey, they found it. For about six months they cleared the area, unpacked the picnic basket, and completed the arrangements. They discovered, however, that they had forgotten the salt. A picnic without salt would be a disaster, they all agreed.