Summary: We ar doing a Summer series called "SIGNS to teach our fundamental truths. We are using road signs as visual aid’s.
by Pastor Donny Granberry
Today we begin our summer series entitled “Sign’s”.
Everywhere we go we see signs, “Open, closed, speed limit, school crossing, dangerous curve, roadway construction, stop, yield, slow down uneven road, names of places”.
Sign’s are for safety, permission, caution, and information, yet their main focus are to give us direction.
We will take a look at many different signs and make application to how they affect our life generally, spiritually, and doctrinally.
I grew up in this fellowship, but I really didn’t know what the Assemblies of God believed, and more importantly, I did not know why our doctrine was what it is.
Through this series, I want to give you a biblical perspective of who we are, what we believe, and why we believe it.
1 Peter 3:15 KJV
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
And if you are asked about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.
People will ask you questions about your faith and why, and they are looking to you for an answer, so we need to be prepared.
Today we will look at two of our fundamental truths, “The One True God, and The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We will title our message today, “ONE WAY”.
THE ONE TRUE GOD
I spoke with someone recently and they told me this, “It dies not matter what you call God, some call creation God, some call man God, others call animals and trees God’s, some call images God.”
• The Muslims call him “Allah”
• Witches call it “nature”
• New Agers call “themselves” God’s.
• I can’t name the Hindu gods because there are over 8 million of them
• And the Bible names at least 18 false gods that are worshipped
There are three kinds of people in the world:
1. Atheists – those who believe in no God
Psalm 14:1, The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God...”
2. Agnostics – those who believe that there might be a God, but He has no interested in them or their lives…
3. Theists – Those who believe in a God
“To you it was shown that you might know that the LORD, He is God; there is no other besides Him. Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the LORD, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other.”
Many people today will tell you that there are many Gods, and there are many paths to heaven.
Some will even say that all paths lead to heaven. That is absurd.
My wife and I live on a cul-de-sac, and that is like saying that all roads in Pasadena lead to our home.
There is only one way, one path that leads to our home, and likewise there is only one true God and one way to heaven.
All of these other things they call God, are created things!
• The very root word of creation is “create.”
• Nature was created
• Waters were created
• Man was created
• Animals were created
• Images were created
• Buddha was created
• Mohammed was created
For there to be a creation, there must be a Creator!
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
• And God the creator said, "Let there be light," and there was light
• And God the creator said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water."
• And God the creator said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear."
• Then God the creator said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds."
• And God the creator said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth."
• And God the creator said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky."
• Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over all creation. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.