Summary: Following Mark on Jesus last week. Sunday–Demonstration, Monday—Authority, Tuesday-Conflict. Wednesday-Silence, Thursday-Preparation, Friday-Suffering
- If you had one week to live, what would you do?
- Some Answers
I would go skydiving, rocky mountain climbin, 2.7 seconds on a bull named fu- man-chu. I would love deeper, and spoke sweeter. This is how i live i hope that someday you get the chance to live like you were dyin. Really i would do all the crazy stuff along with tell every girl that i ever liked that i liked her just to get it all off my chest. i would make sure that everyone knew how i felt about them. I would go to church.
- The best use of life is love.
- I dunno, I definitely wouldn't be going to work at all.
- Our family lives 1500 miles from us
- We only see them once a year
- When we get ready to leave our family after visiting
- One our last day the trivial is put aside
- The important is focused upon
- No video games, TV, phones,
- As the car leaves there is tears, watching & waving
- Luke 9:51KJV
51 And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
- Lazarus has not been raised yet – Jn. 11
- Zaccheus at the time of Bartimaeus – Lk 19:1- 11
- Bartimaeus - Mk. 10:46-52
His Summery Mt 20:17-19KJV -- Mk 10:32-34
17 And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them, 18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death, 19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.
- Jericho to Jerusalem – 15 miles
- Bethany to Jerusalem = 2 miles
- Dived Mark into the last 6 cays outline
- Knowing this how would you live
Sunday– Demonstration – Mk:11:1-11
- It has His Identity
- Excepts the acknowledgment that He is King
- Weeps for Jerusalem
- Who am I?
- How will I live?
Monday—Authority – Mk. 11:12-19
- It has His Authenticity
- Concern for hearts of Worship
- Removing rubbish from His house
- Be true to yourself, others, & to God
Tuesday – Conflict – Mk:11:20-14:11a
- It has Confidence
- No matter what live each day with an attitude of serving Him
Wednesday – Silence – M.14:11b
- Day of silence
- It has rest???
- Free of anxiety
- Stress does hit our lives
- We can still be at peace through His Word
Thursday – Preparation – Mk 14:12-25
- Daytime make ready an upper room
- Evening the Passover
- It has Worship
- Last Thoughts (longest - Jn 13-17)
- Under the gun Praise & Worship is necessary
Friday – Suffering – Mk. 14:26-15:47
- It has Purpose
- Personal choice on how to live