Summary: A study in the book of Exodus 31: 1 – 18
Exodus 31: 1 – 18
Only Skilled Applicants Need Apply
31 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: 2 “See, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. 3 And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, 4 to design artistic works, to work in gold, in silver, in bronze, 5 in cutting jewels for setting, in carving wood, and to work in all manner of workmanship. 6 “And I, indeed I, have appointed with him Aholiab the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and I have put wisdom in the hearts of all the gifted artisans, that they may make all that I have commanded you: 7 the tabernacle of meeting, the ark of the Testimony and the mercy seat that is on it, and all the furniture of the tabernacle— 8 the table and its utensils, the pure gold lamp stand with all its utensils, the altar of incense, 9 the altar of burnt offering with all its utensils, and the laver and its base— 10 the garments of ministry, the holy garments for Aaron the priest and the garments of his sons, to minister as priests, 11 and the anointing oil and sweet incense for the holy place. According to all that I have commanded you they shall do.” 12 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’” 18 And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.
Today’s study reminded me of my High School years. People tend to group up with others who share the same likes. For example we had these groups;.
1. The Athletes- This group included all those who participated on one of the schools sport teams. Cheerleaders were also in this group. Many young men and women in this group never went to college. The players married the cheerleader’s right after high school and had kids right away and spent the rest of their time trying to relive their glory days.
2. The Geeks – these folks were the ones with the brains. Anyone who was part of this group that received less than an A seemed to go through some mental breakdown. This small group of intellectuals went on to become doctors and lawyers.
3. The College bound – These were the boys and girls who had aspirations to further their education at the next level. Many did not know what they wanted to do except that they knew they had to go on to college to find out.
4. The druggies and those into darkness – This group was the easiest to identify. They stayed away from almost everyone who did not wear black. You were looked upon as a squealer or an undercover cop if you tried to befriend any in this group.
5. The pretty people – These were guys and gals who were the gifted in beauty and wealth. You could see some guy because his family was rich driving a new car to school. They had all the finest clothes
6. The Techies – This group was very unique. They would attend classes in the morning with us and then go off to a separate Technical school for the rest of the day. I admired them because they had an idea of what they wanted to do in life. Some wanted to be automobile mechanics, others beauticians, plumbers, construction workers, and computer science experts. Many succeeded in these professions.
7. Those who tried to blend in with some or all of the other groups. This is the group I was in.