Summary: Sometimes we feel that God is not listening. How can we be sure He hears us?
Opening The Ears of God
14. "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
15. "Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.
3 references in the NKJV Bible that have the phrase “God Listened”.. all of these are women who prayed earnestly for something they wanted
Leah Gen 30:17 – in regards to bearing Issachar
Rachel Gen 30:22 – In regards to bearing Joseph
Judges 13:9 – In regards to Sampson’s upbringing
8. Then Manoah prayed to the Lord, and said, "O my Lord, please let the Man of God whom You sent come to us again and teach us what we shall do for the child who will be born.’’
9. And God listened to the voice of Manoah, and the Angel of God came to the woman again as she was sitting in the field; but Manoah her husband was not with her
BEING REVIVED BY GOD
15. For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
HABAKUK 3:1-2 (NKJV)
1. A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet, on Shigionoth.
2. O Lord, I have heard your speech and was afraid; o Lord, revive Your work in the midst of the years! in the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy.
HABAKUK 3:1-2 LB
1. This is the prayer of triumph that Habakkuk sang before the Lord:
2. O Lord, now I have heard your report, and I worship you in awe for the fearful things you are going to do. In this time of our deep need, begin again to help us, as you did in years gone by. Show us your power to save us. In your wrath, remember mercy.
GREATNESS IN GOD
1. At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?’’
2. And Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them,
3. and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
4. "Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
--Faith in God… Wholly
LIFTED BY GOD
7. Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
** Submit to God
** Resist the devil
** Draw near to God
** Cleanse (Blood of Christ)—“What can wash away my sin?”