Summary: This sermon is about having the power of God to back up yuour ministry with supernatural manifestations
OPERATING IN SUPERNATURAL MINISTRY
STUDY TEXT: 2KINGS 2: 12-15.
- Elisha made a choice to operate in a higher dimension of the supernatural ministry of Elijah. He asked for a double portion of Elijah’s spirit. Any man called by God has to make a choice whether to operate in a supernatural ministry or not. Ministry without the backing of the power of God to do unusual exploits is an empty ministry. Philip could not have succeeded in taken over Samaria from the hold of the magician who had held the people captive in great bondage of deception and witchcraft, if not for the supernatural manifestation of the power of God in his ministry.
- This choice made Elisha to pursue the anointing with great determination and sacrifice. There is always a price to pay in receiving the anointing of God. One must be ready to totally surrender to God and His righteousness, and must be ready to be committed to the study of the word of God, and being a faithful doer of the word, and given to fasting and prayer. In Acts chapter 6, the apostles made a declaration that they will give themselves continually to prayer and the ministry of the word, no wonder they all operated in a supernatural ministry.
- The supernatural ministry brings progress and breakthroughs, without which there will be stagnation and murmuring.
1. OBSTACLES TO THE SUPERNATURAL MINISTRY
There are reasons why people do not operate in a supernatural ministry. Some of these are identified below:
1. Ignorance. “And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you”. Luke 10: 18-19. Jesus has given us power to operate in the supernatural, but unfortunately, many believers are operating in ignorance. The still live in fear over what the devil could do to them rather than exercising their authority over him.
2. Contentment and false satisfaction. There has to be continual longing for God and His presence, which will bring more of His grace and anointing upon a man to do the supernatural. Whatever level you get to, there is still much room ahead, but there has to be a desire and a determination for more. Philippians 3:12-16: Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Philippians 3:12-16
3. Self-indulgence and lack of focus. All forms of self indulgence is an obstacle to operating in the supernatural, apart from preventing somebody from getting to heaven on the last day, it can also rob one of God’s anointing while still here on earth. 1 Corinthians 9:25-27: