Summary: Through a vision Peter received, he learned some important lessons about God’s love for all people, lessons we need today to counteract a world filled with hate and prejudice.
OUR EQUALITY IN CHRIST
God showed to Peter that all persons were loved by Him. Having seen the vision of animals, God sent a Roman named Cornelius to send me to bring Peter to him. Peter went with them to meet Cornelius. They spoke and Cornelius told Peter his story. What did Peter learn from this experience?
I. EVERYONE IS DEPENDENT ON GOD
A. People Must Depend on God
1. Life is God’s gift. "In Him we live & move…"
2. When you stand at the graveside you realize how much we must depend on God.
3. How does a child depend on Mom or Dad?
4. Some people try and prove that they don’t need anyone. Some families do this. We all are dependent on God.
B. The World of Tomorrow Depends on God
1. What is happening to our world? It has changed before our eyes.
2. God is at work among the nations. Only He knows what lies ahead.
3. Now, more than ever, God’s people need to look to Him for direction.
II. LOVING GOD AND LOVING OTHERS ARE INSEPARABLE
A. We are good at loving our own kind.
B. What about those richer, poorer, more handsome, less attractive, smarter, less intelligent. How do we do here?
III. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR PREJUDICE AMONG GOD’S PEOPLE
A. Peter was raised to be prejudiced. Maybe you were too!
B. The love of Jesus overcomes prejudice.
C. Peter understood God’s message. God showed no partiality!
D. We should rejoice! Gentiles are not "them". They are "us"!
E. Those who place faith in Christ and demonstrate that in life are His! It doesn’t matter where you are from or what you look like.
1. Is there someone or group that you look down upon and cannot accept?
2. Let Jesus’ love transform you into a lover of people!