Summary: *Jesus Christ is the Son of God! -He is unparalleled, incomparable and without equal. -Jesus stands alone!
Our First and Foremost Message: Jesus!
Sermon by Rick Crandall
McClendon Baptist Church - May 3, 2006
21. And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.’
22. "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know
23. "Him, being delivered by the determined counsel and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death;
24. "whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.
*Dan was a friend of mine years ago back in Georgia, and he was a good man, one of the deacons at First Baptist. I liked Dan a lot. He was friendly, he had a good sense of humor, and he cared about people.
*But I remember the conversation we had about the difference between Islam and Christianity. Dan had made friends with a Muslim man at work, and he began thinking about the fact that they believe in one god, and we believe in one God. They believe in right and wrong, so do we. We both believe in living a moral life.
*So Dan said, “I don’t see the difference between Islam and Christianity. We both serve the same God.”
*He couldn’t have been more wrong. The difference is the Cross! The difference is Jesus! And that makes all the difference in the world.
*I was reminded of that yesterday, when I watched a few minutes of John Hagee. He talked about the Dome of the Rock Mosque in Jerusalem. If you have ever seen a picture of Jerusalem, you have seen this mosque, because it was built on the Temple Mount, and it’s the most prominent building in the city.
*John Hagee talked about the inscriptions on the mosque and said that it says, “God has no Son.” I didn’t doubt it, but wanted to confirm it, so I looked it up on Google and found this translation of the inscriptions on an Islamic website:
“O People of the Book! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning God save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a Messenger of God, and His Word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers, and say not ’Three’ - Cease!
(It is) better for you! - God is only One God. Far be it removed from His transcendent majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And God is sufficient as Defender. The Messiah will never scorn to be a servant unto God, nor will the favored angels. . . It befits not (the Majesty of) God that He should take unto Himself a son. . .” (1)
*The evidence is clear: Islam is an anti-Christ religion. It was inspired by Satan, and one billion Muslims are following a false faith into hell.
*Jesus Christ is the Son of God! He is unparalleled, incomparable and without equal. Jesus stands alone!
1. And as we continue looking at Peter’s sermon on the Day of Pentecost, we see first of all that only Jesus is able to save us.