Summary: A prayer sermon addressing our God in the form of a consuming fire
Our God, A Consuming Fire
1 “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me,
Because the LORD has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”
Basically YOU are here reading this message today for Jesus to set you free from various demeaning and negative situations. What I always tell any congregation where I am blessed to minister is that if you see the move and the power of God in the meeting then do not hesitate to link yourself to Him quickly. The Lord has sent His power for those who see to believe and accept Him. It is also for those who feel for one reason or another that they have disconnected from His presence to come back quickly. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 2:4 (quickview)  My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power. So as we pray and look at God’s word His power will flow.
Why do you not go ahead and worship Him with these songs for a few minutes before you start to pray.
• He’s alive, Amen…..
• That wonderful name, Jesus, there is no other name I know.
• His name is higher than any other name, His name is Jesus, His name is Lord.
• The name, the name of Jesus, is greater and higher than all names, it is not an ordinary name, is the name that’s full of power and praise.
• How excellent is your name O Lord
The scriptures below demonstrate that our God is a consuming fire.
The sight of the glory of the LORD was like a consuming fire on the top of the mountain in the eyes of the children of Israel.
For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
Therefore understand today that the LORD your God is He who goes over before you as a consuming fire. He will destroy them and bring them down before you; so you shall drive them out and destroy them quickly, as the LORD has said to you.
For our God is a consuming fire.
Today we are here to study and use the consuming fire of God to address various issues in our lives and situations.
• Every situation of Jezebel threatening to destroy me, die in my place, in the name of Jesus.
• Every situation of Hamman threatening to hang me, be hanged instead in Jesus name.
• Every strange god, claiming me from my place of birth be consumed by fire in Jesus name.
• I receive fire to overcome my Goliath today in Jesus name.
• Every Sickness designed to destroy my body, be consumed by fire in Jesus name.
One way in which the Holy Spirit manifests Himself at times is fire. In fact, the last time that
the Holy Spirit appears visibly in Scripture is as “seven lamps of fire . . . burning before the