Summary: One of the most vivid pictures of God in the Bible is that of being our Deliverer. A deliverer is one who sets free or saves another from a difficult situation. An example is Moses. Today we shall look at seven kinds of people God delivers.
Intro: One of the most vivid pictures of God in the Bible is that of being our Deliverer. A deliverer is one who sets free or saves another from a difficult situation. An example is Moses. Today we shall look at seven kinds of people God delivers.
1. THE LORD DELIVERS THE POOR AND NEEDY (Psa. 72:12). The Lord delivers those who are in need and have no one to help them. The people of this world may ignore the poor and the needy. They may not respond to the cry of the helpless. But the Lord has great compassion on those in need and have no one else to help them. He will deliver them from oppression and show mercy to them (Job 36:15).
2. THE LORD DELIVERS THOSE WHO CONSIDER THE POOR (Psa. 41:1-2). The Lord delivers those who have compassion on the poor and needy. Because they had mercy on those who suffer and come to their aid, God remembers these good deeds and comes to their rescue even when they themselves are in great trouble. The Lord will preserve and protect them from the evil attacks of their enemies and heal them from their sicknesses. God sends His great blessings to us when we show mercy upon those who suffer.
3. THE LORD DELIVERS THE GODLY (II Pet. 2:9). The Lord delivers the godly from their trials and tribulations. The Lord provides the way to bring the godly out of their difficult situations. He also knows how to reserve the wicked until the Day of Judgment to be punished. We should not despair if we don’t know the exact day and way out of our troubles (I Cor. 10:13). We must commit all to God because He has promised to bring the godly out of heaviness and trials (Psa. 34:19).
4. THE LORD DELIVERS THOSE WHO LOVE HIM (Psa. 91:14-16). The Lord also delivers those who love Him. He hears their cry and swiftly comes to their rescue. He will deliver them and satisfy them with long life. He will be with them when they face troubles and difficulties. He will not leave them or forsake them in their hour of need.
5. THE LORD DELIVERS THOSE WHOM HE HAS CHOSEN AND ANOINTED FOR SERVICE (Psa. 18:50). The Lord delivers those whom He has chosen and anointed for His intentions. The Bible teaches that when we are in the place where God has placed us to serve Him, we will have His support and protection in all the difficulties that will follow. Remember, God will not leave us alone to face the battles when we are in the center of His will. He promises to deliver all whom He has chosen for His own purpose and pleasure.
6. THE LORD DELIVERS THE SEED OF THE RIGHTEOUS (Prov. 11:21). The Lord delivers the seed of the righteous. The generation of the upright will be blessed. The Lord remembers those who walked righteously before Him and will continue to show favor to their descendants. There is great blessing in walking uprightly before God which will continue to the generations to come. Those who walk righteously before God will leave behind God’s blessing upon their own children and grandchildren which is far better than leaving behind great lands, wealth and riches!