Summary: As we prepare to celebrate Christmas with our families and loved ones, we must take time to remember why we get together. His name is Jesus, our savior. God sent His only begotten Son for us, because we were in need.
· This morning we celebrate the eve of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.
· As we prepare to celebrate Christmas with our families and loved ones, we must take time to remember why we get together. His name is Jesus, our savior.
· God sent His only begotten Son for us, because we were in need.
· If our greatest need would have been information – God would have sent us an EDUCATOR…
· If our greatest need would have been technology – God would have sent us a SCIENTIST…
· If our greatest need would have been money – God would have sent us an ECONOMIST…
· If our greatest need would have been pleasure – God would have sent us an ENTERTAINER…
· BUT, our greatest need was forgiveness – So God sent us a SAVIOR!
· Let us look to the scriptures this morning and see what the Word says about the birth of our savior.
(NKJV) Luke 1 26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
29 But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.” 34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”
35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible.” 38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.
(NKJV) Isaiah 9 6For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
1)Jesus is Wonderful – His name brings love, life, peace, joy & forgiveness.
The Wonder of Love – (NKJV) John 3 16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
The Wonder of Life – (NKJV) John 10 10The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
The Wonder of Peace – (NKJV) Romans 5 1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,