Summary: A message on how we tend to ignore small "sins" and think they are acceptable to God.
OUR HIDDEN SINS
INTRO: There are many things which we do that we think is secret from ev
erybody. We may have thoughts that aren’t clean, we may gossip about some
one, we may use some language that a Christian shouldn’t use, or we may pull a "fast one" on a businessman, etc., and think that "no one will ever know about this but me." But, as our scripture tells us, nothing is hidden from God.
I. OUR SPIRITUAL CLOSET (Acts 26:26).
A. Hiding our sins from man.
1. By putting on a false front.
2. By acting very pious in Church.
B. God sees into our closet.
1. We sometimes forget that he knows all.
2. He sees into the darkest corners of our lives.
II. WE MUST GIVE ACCOUNT (Num. 32:23).
A. We are not held responsible for just the things we do that are
1. We must pay for these sins.
2. We must give account for our secret sins also.
B. No matter how great or small, everything we do we must give
account for it.
C. We made a covenant with God when He saved us. If we don’t
keep the covenant, we are disobedient Christians (see footnote
in Ryrie Study Bible).
III. FORGIVENESS IS OURS (Gen. 44:16).
A. What must we do?
1. Confession is necessary.
2. Repentance is essential.
B. Confession without repentance = no forgiveness.
C. Repentance without removal = no forgiveness.
1. If we repent, and continue in the same sin, all is in vain.
2. The sin must be done no more.
IV. GOD IS WILLING, IF WE ARE.
A. We need God’s help to repent and forget.
B. He will help if we seek His help.