Summary: Matthew 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. He is not in the grave, but at the right hand of the Father in Heaven!!!! Ephesians 1:15-23. He ever lives to make intercession for us!! Hebrews 7:25 Where
Our Lord Jesus Christ is Risen!
He ever lives to make intercession for us!! Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. He is preparing a Bride without spot or wrinkle, Ephesians 5:25-27. He will return, sooner than we think, to receive His bride to Himself. 1 Thessalonians 4:16; For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Christianity is a religion of the open tomb. Roy L. Smith
Christianity is in its very essence a resurrection religion. The concept of resurrection lies at its heart. If you remove it, Christianity is destroyed. John R. W. Stott
I. Seven Reasons we know that He is Risen:
1. The Roman government sealed the tomb.
A. The penalty for breaking that seal was such a horrible thing that none would risk it.
2. The Jewish leaders placed a Roman guard on the tomb where Jesus lain.
A. The penalty to the soldiers for neglect of their charge was a slow torturous death.
3. The disciples went to the tomb not expecting him to be risen.
4. Jesus appeared many times over a period of 50 days to over 500 people in many different ways and locations.
5. Jesus appeared to Saul on the road to Damascus.
A. He is considered the greatest Christian leader of all times writing 2/3 of the New Testament.
B. He gave up the status that he enjoyed as a Pharisee, in the tradition of the Jews, and later died for his testimony that Jesus Christ was the Risen Lord and Savior.
6. Millions have testified that Jesus has made Himself real to them over the centuries. A Many have been willing to be martyred rather than recant their testimony that He is Alive!!!
7. He fulfilled Old Testament prophecies of His first coming that He would not see corruption (experience physical decay) but would rise again.
A. The odds of those prophecies being fulfilled were impossible in the natural, but it happened according to all the detail and to the day that it was predicted in the Bible.
II. He gave His Resurrection Power to Us!!!!!
1. We are assured that He is Alive because when He rose, He prayed the Father that we would receive the Holy Spirit.
A. The Holy Spirit makes us to know Him when we believe! John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.