Summary: 1. Consider the Lord’s Coming 2. Confession 3. Confident Trust 4. Consecrate Our Lives to the Lord 5. Continue Progress
Faith To Be Strong — Andrew Peterson
- Stimulus - Something that incites or rouses to action; an incentive
- There has never been a spending plan this large in the history of man.
- $787 billion, what does that mean?
- The stimulus bill gives a tax cut that amounts, on average, to about $13 more per week in your after-tax paycheck, or about $2.60 per day. --- Hal Lindsey
- 1 Million sec. = 12 days
- A billion seconds ago = 31 years, Jimmy Carter was president of the U.S.
- A billion minutes ago, = 2000 Herod was king of Judea
- 1 Trillion sec = 31,546 years
❶ What Does a Trillion $$ Look Like?
- A trillion dollars = $1,000,000,000,000. = 12 zeroes
- Total amount of government bailout = $2.3 Trillion
- 10 Million dollars about the size of a car
- A $ Trillion each stack is 125 feet wide, 200 feet deep, and 450 feet tall. — 38-story-building
- What can it buy?
- An Aircraft Carrier cost $4.5 billion
- Outfit it with 86-plane air wing, cost $5 billion
- Total cost $10 billion
- America has 10 Carries (largest world operator)
- $1 Trillion would = 100 Carries
- Thousands are being laid off and not paying taxes, so where is all of these billions supposed to come from
- No choice but to devalue the U.S. dollar (bankrupt the government)
❷ The World Bank
- Measures to offset rising prices have left many countries now fiscally vulnerable
- The slowdown has already claimed 3.6 million American jobs
- Between 130 and 155 million people have fallen into extreme poverty, according to Bank estimates
- It warned last week that up to 53 million more people around the world could fall into poverty in 2009 as a result of the global economic slump
- Another 44 million children are malnourished
- Laurent Wauquiez French Secretary of State for Employment "This is the worst we’ve had since 1929,", said in comments cited by the New York Times
- How does he know he was born in ‘75 = 34 yr.?
❸ Worldwide Protest, Unrest & Strikes
British workers strike as economic unease spreads
- In Europe protest of the economic conditions are continuing to take place in Latvia, Greece, Bulgaria, Iceland and Lithuania
- China’s economic downturn has cost the jobs of 20 million people
- 1 Million in France March and Protest
❹ Our Stimulus Package
Psalm 20:7KJV 7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 146 - Confidence completely in the Lord
2 Timothy 3:15KJV (scriptures makes us wise unto saltavion)
Matthew 7:24KJV 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
James 1:22KJV - (A doer not just a hearer of the Word)
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3KJV 1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;