Summary: We have a biblical responsibility in parenting
Introduction: Parenting needs to be done in unity. Failure to do so reaps serious consequences.
I. Children are to be brought up in the instruction of the Lord.
A. Children are to be nurtured.
B. The care and attention given to someone or something that is growing or developing
C. Parents must teach God’s truth
- (Deu 4:9 "Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children—It does not happen accidental like.)
D. We must teach them, show them, and let them practice.
II. Children are to be brought up in godly discipline.
A. Children need godly admonishment.
B. (Pro 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.)
C. We are to call their attention to things that they are doing wrong.
1. What does it take to get their attention?
III. Children are to be brought up in the love of the godly parents.
A. Parents should not be harsh.
1. Harsh is discipline without love.
2. It focuses on the issue and not the person.
3. People must always have a greater focus than issues.
B. Parents should provide godly discipline in love.
1. Failure to discipline is not about the child it is about the parent and their feelings.
2. Parents should want the best for our children.
Parents we have a responsibility to parent our children with specific intentions. Intentionally parenting means we need to raise our kids under a purpose and a plan.