Summary: Amidst this world of trouble, Jesus leaves to us a precious inheritance - The peace that the world cannot understand.
PEACE – A PERSONAL LEGACY OF CHRIST
Amidst this world of trouble, Jesus leave to us a precious inheritance - The peace that the world cannot understand.
Joh 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
I. THE INHERITANCE STATED - “Peace I leave with you
The peace of Christ is our inheritance
1. It is the gift of Christ who is the way to reconciliation
2. It is tranquility of mind arising from a sense of our justification
3. It is the spiritual comfort resulting from divine pardon
4. It is the calmness of the heart expecting God’s provision
5. It is the stillness of the spirit trusting God’s protection
6. It is the silence of the soul waiting for glorification
Luk 2:14 "Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"
II. THE INITIATOR IDENTIFIED - “I”
He is Jesus Christ the Prince of peace
P – Provider of the needy Phil 4:19
E – Enabler of the weak Phil 4:13
A – Advocate of believers to the Father 1Jn 2:1
C - Compassionate counselor Isaiahs 9:6
E – Everlasting God – Heb 13:8
Eph 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,
III. THE INHERITOR DECLARED - “to you”
We are the benefactor of this precious inheritance
1. Disciples of Christ
2. Believers of God
IV. THE IMPORTANCE EXPLAINED – “not as the world gives”
This peace is different from the artificial product of the world
1. Not mere formality but a real blessing
2. Not based on human relationship but with the relationship with God
3. Not based on our earthly accumulation but the provision of Christ
4. Not temporary state of mind but eternal security with God
V. THE INTENTION REVEALED - “Let not your heart be troubled,”…
1. Don’t be afraid of your past
2. Don’t be afraid of your present
3. Don’t be afraid of your future
Joh 14:1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
If you have been blessed, encouraged or inspired by this sermon then it’s your turn to be an encouragement too. You can do it by sending email to this contributor at firstname.lastname@example.org or post comment on the discussion box below.