Summary: Our God Reign
A. Our Lord 's Long Day of Preaching.
1. The crowd so great He taught from a boat
2. Topics for His teachings
a. The parable of the sower
b. the candle under a bushel
c. The coming harvest
d. The mustard seed
B. Jesus with His Disciples at Day's End
1. Closing the day with an adventure
2. A time the disciples would never forget
A. THE PROMISE AT EVENING (v. 35)
1. "Let us pass over to the other side"
2. What a great promise!
a. Speaks of a journey with Jesus
b. Speaks of His fellowship on the other side
c. Speaks of safe passage for the journey
3. The Christian Life Like this journey
a. We may be weary when He calls us
b. We decide to travel with Him
c. He goes with us the entire journey
d. We are guaranteed safe passage to heaven.
4. Be sure you are traveling with Jesus
B. THE PERIL BROUGHT BY THE STORM (vs. 37)
1. "There arose a great storm of wind "
2. The waves started coming into the ship
3. How devastating the upheavals of nature
a. It has not always been so: Eden 's tranquility
b. There is a better day ahead (Isa. 35)
4. Lessons for the disciples in the storm
a. They were obeying, yet the storm came
b. They were traveling with Jesus, yet the storm came
c. They were in the centre of His will, yet the storm came.
5. Storms come to us all
C. THE PURPOSE OF THE STORM (vs. 38-41)
1. Jesus knew the storm would come
2. He was equipped to send the storm away
3. He chose to go through the storm with His disciples
4. The storm enabled the to measure their faith
a. They learned that Christ is with us in storms
b. They learned that He is up to any occasion
5. Different storms for different purposes
a .Jonah's storm was to bring him back to the Lord
b. Paul's storm was to provide witnessing opportunities
c. This storm was to build the disciples ' faith.
6. Don't judge the purpose of another 's storm.
A. Jesus and His "Peace, Be Still"
B. What Manner of Man Is This?
1. He is the one who invites us to travel with Him
2. He is the be who goes with us through our storms
3. He is the one who is always up to the occasion