Summary: We are going to discuss how as Believers, we can penetrate the Open Heaven in 2007 with our prayers. Prayers put things into motion in the spirit realm. Let’s see how we bring the Kingdom of God to this Earth.
•Last week we discussed how we can expand the Open Heaven in 2007.
•We discussed about having a heart full of the Word (seed) of God. We talked about being about the Father’s business and never giving up or quitting in 2007. Even thought there will be test, trails and circumstances, we must not quit, but remain focused on passing the test!
•This week I want to discuss prayer and its effect on our blessings in 2007.
•Prayer will be essential to your success in 2007. The Open Heaven will be penetrated by our prayers & petitions to God.
•Prayer puts things into motion in the spiritual realm and it manifest in the Earth.
•Let’s look to the scriptures this morning and find out how prayer will impact our life in 2007.
A. God has made you perfect in His image, so walk in the authority and dominion over everything in the Earth.
(NKJV) Genesis 1 26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
1. Dominion is defined as the power to govern, control and direct.
2. God has given you dominion on this earth.
3. When Adam & Eve were stripped of there dominion by Satan, God sent His best…Jesus.
4. Jesus came to get dominion back from Satan.
5. Jesus lived a sinless life, was put to death, rose from the dead and took back the keys of death, hell & the grave.
6. As a result of what Jesus did, you have authority over the ability of Satan; and nothing he does can hurt you.
(NKJV) Luke 10 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
7. Praying with the knowledge that you have dominion ensures that your prayers will be answered.
8. Know where your source of power is when you pray or petition God.
B. Prayer is the key to get God involved in our life.
(NKJV) Luke 18 1 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,
(NKJV) John 14 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. 12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
1. God is not obligated to do anything until someone prays.
2. Every failure in life can be attributed to a lack of prayer.
a. When you fail to pray, you plan to fail.
3. Every success in life is a result of prayer.
4. Never lose heart in your prayers, believe you receive when you pray. Petition God, and then thank Him for providing.
C. Pray to the Father (God) in the name of Jesus in order to get answers to your prayers.
1. Praying and using the authority that God has given you can change situations and circumstances in 2007.
2. We can penetrate the Open Heaven by praying to God in the name and authority of Jesus. Ask it in Jesus name. (EXAMPLE)
3. As a Believer, we have earthly dominion and heavenly dominion.
a. Whatever you bind on Earth is bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on Earth is loosed in Heaven.
(NKJV) Matthew 16 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
4. You have access to the supply of Heaven.
5. Our prayers must be that of bringing the Kingdom on God to this Earth. (Loosing Heaven on Earth- The Kingdom)
(NKJV) Matthew 6 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.