Summary: In this message (the final message in my Coronavirus series) is about how the Coronavirus has perfectly positioned us for a RESET in 4 key areas of our lives.
Perfectly Position…For A Rest
OKAY – this morning we are wrapping up our 3 week series on the Coronavirus.
AND LISTEN – I got to be honest, back in December of 2019 when I began thinking about what conversations I needed to have in the year 2020…
A series on a Coronavirus Pandemic was nowhere on my radar.
BUT YET – here we are on March 29, 2020.
Things happen and times have changed in so many ways…
NOW – we have talked about some pretty powerful and significant things the last 2 weeks, LIKE…
About how during this current crisis (or any crisis) for that matter… God wants to remember these 5 things
• That He is still on His throne
• That He is in control
• That He can be trusted
• That He is our help (“I lift my eyes…”)
• That He is great and He is good
AND – when we remember those truths among other things…
• We will not fear, we will trust
• We will worry, we will pray
And we also talked about how we do not what to miss the opportunities that are not only within the current difficulties that we now face (brought on by COVID19) but opportunities that are within every difficult circumstance we have ever faced or will face in our future
• Don’t miss the opportunity to grow in your faith (remember you don’t just have to GO through this, you can GROW through this)
• Don’t miss the opportunity to deepen your relationships, and
• Don’t miss the opportunity to show the world the beauty of our Christ and His church
AND – a final thing we talk about was to not over complicate our response… and that our response needs to be a simple as ABCD
• A – attitude is everything
• B – be flexible and fluid
• C – center your thoughts of Jesus
• D – determine who you want to be when we get to the other side of this
NOW NEXT WEEK - is Palm Sunday and we are going to take a look at this powerful event of Jesus riding into Jerusalem through the eyes of people who were actually there that day 2000 years ago.
BUT THIS MORNING – 3/29/2020
I want to unpack a conversation that I am calling…
Perfectly Position… For A Reset
QUESTION – have you ever had to reset… your computer, phone, your router, cable box, a breaker?
AND – what would cause you to have to do a RESET?
Basically because your device is not working as it should…its too slow, its locked up…
NOW – in a computer or data transmission system a RESET clears any errors and brings a system to a normal condition or to an initial state.
BROTHER AND SISTERS
I am convinced that this Coronavirus Pandemic has perfectly positioned us for a reset
YOU SEE – there are some key areas of our lives that our not functioning properly and need to be brought back to their normal or intended condition, and that is what I want to unpack today.
HOWEVER – before we go there I have something extremely important to share with you…
A few ‘bad dad jokes…’ SO – are you ready.
• What concert costs just 45 cents? 50 Cent featuring Nickelback!
• Why couldn't the bicycle stand up by itself? It was two tired!
• Why do melons have weddings? Because they cantaloupe!
• What's the difference between a poorly dressed man on a tricycle and a well-dressed man on a bicycle? Attire!
• How many apples grow on a tree? All of them!
• Why do you never see elephants hiding in trees? Because they're so good at it!
• Why did the invisible man turn down the job offer? He couldn't see himself doing it!
• "How do you make a tissue dance? You put a little boogie in it."
• "Why did the math book look so sad? Because of all of its problems!"
• "What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Nacho cheese."
I like telling Dad jokes. Sometimes he laughs!
LISTEN – laughter is a good thing…
A joyful heart is good medicine… - Proverbs 17:22
OKAY – let’s do this… perfectly positioned for a reset.
I. RESET - You’re Smaller Than You Thought You Were
UNDERSTAND – if there is one thing that this coronavirus pandemic has taught everyone, and I mean everyone is that we are much smaller than we thought we were.
I MEAN – the smartest and most powerful and influential people in the world are trying to figure this thing out.
Trying to get ahead and get control of this microscopic invisivle enemy.
YES – without a doubt one thing everyone has figured out is that despite their power, the letters after their name, and financial resources at their disposal…. This pandemic is so much bigger than they are.