Summary: This sermon looks at Christian service as a function of our worship.
We have looked at…
Time in the Word and
Repentance – response to the Word.
Each one of these is a function or part of our worship to God and is also part of our being matured in Christ as we help others to mature in Christ.
Today we will look at one more area of our worship that is essential in fulfilling that last component of our threefold purpose as a Church, which is to MAKE, MARK, and MATURE disciples.
Turn in your Bibles to Romans 12:1-8.
The requests in this passage are:
1. Present your bodies a living sacrifice (v. 1)
2. Be transformed by the renewing of your mind (v. 2)
3. Think soberly (v. 3)
4. Let us use our different gifts (v. 6)
But to what end should we do these things? Turn to Ephesians 4:11-16 for the answer.
The results in this passage are:
1. The equipping of the saints (v. 12)
2. The edifying of the Body of Christ (v. 12)
3. That we should no longer be children spiritually (v. 14)
4. To cause growth of the body. (v. 16)
Those responsible for doing these things.
1. The whole body (v. 16)
2. Every joint (v. 16)
3. Every part (v. 16)