Summary: A powerful sermon that challenges believers of all ages that there is much more to God than just word only!
“Father, I am your servant, willing and desiring to be used to bless your people.”
A preacher I know and love has said many times, “That was a POWERFUL SERVICE; I preached!”
•• He said it in humility, but he spoke much truth as well.
The job of the church is not to impact the church, but to impact the world. It’s like a huddle in a football game. 67,000 people don’t pay $25.00 a ticket to watch the Titans huddle. What if you went to a Titans game and for 2 ½ hours you watched 11 men stand in a circle and talk? That’s not what you pay for!! 67,000 people pay $25 a ticket to see what difference the huddle makes. What they want to know is, having called the play in secret, does it work in public? The challenge for the church is not what we do when we call our Sunday morning huddle, but what we do when we break our huddle and head to our Sunday morning assignment. When Satan lines up against us, what difference does it make that we are Christians?
•• God’s desire for every gathering at Battlefield Ministries Community Church is that we can leave the building saying, “That was a powerful church service! We experienced anointed preaching, prayed powerful prayers, and saw divine healings and other glorious manifestations of God's power."
•• But one reason it will BE a powerful service is that God’s people, like the preacher quoted above, WAIT on the Lord to be USED by the HOLY SPIRIT.
Zechariah 4:6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.
•• Not by might or power, but by GOD’S SPIRIT!
• “Not by might or power” — MAN’s skills, man’s abilities, man’s fluency with words, will not make a powerful service. What will make a powerful service is the presence and manifestation of Holy Ghost ministry and Holy Ghost power.
• 1 Corinthians 3:18-19a Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a “fool” so that he may become wise. [19a] For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight.
• Powerful services will not be built on man’s wisdom or man’s level of skills.
• I cannot lead this church, I will fail terribly, unless my ministry is BY THE SPIRIT! — It’s NOT my intellect It’s Not my degrees, but GOD’s Holy Spirit.
• You will never be a blessed addition to a service just by showing up. You will be a blessing by showing up having waited upon the LORD to be used by His Holy Spirit.
Summary: The world’s half billion or more Pentecostals and charismatics believe that God’s power is released in believers through their personal experience of Pentecost. However, one key to the release of that power is often overlooked, and that key is prayer.
I once did an in-depth study of the Book of Acts in which I examined the first ten “moves” of God that led to the saving of souls. I found from the record of Acts that nine of those ten divine outpourings were associated with a notable healing, miracle, or other supernatural manifestation. For example: