Summary: This message attempts to identify who man tries to please, God or man.
INTRO: Man is always striving to please someone. The Christian will either please God or he will please man. There are certain things that man must do if he is going to please God. Likewise, there are certain things he must not do in order to please God. This message will distinguish between those who are pleasing God and those who are not pleasing God.
I. THOSE WHO ARE NOT PLEASING GOD.
1. They that live ONLY FOR THEMSELVES are not pleasing God. Romans 15:1-3. Self is all the god that many worship.
2. They that only seek to PLEASE MAN are not pleasing God. Galatians 1:10.
3. They that are IN THE FLESH cannot please God. Romans 8:8-9.
4. They that have NO FAITH cannot please God. Hebrews 11:6. A man might have faith in the minister, in the church, in the Bible, and yet have no faith in God.
II. THOSE WHO ARE PLEASING GOD.
1. Those who ASK RIGHT THINGS from God. 1 Kings 3:9-10.
2. Those who are SEPARATED FROM THE WORLD. 2 Timothy 2:4. How many are the snares of the world.
3. Those who are WHOLLY YIELDED TO GOD. Hebrews 13:20-21.
4. Those who WALK WITH GOD. Hebrews 11:5.
5. Those who PRAISE GOD. Psalm 69:30-31. God judges the heart.