Summary: A classical look at the potency of rejoicing highlighting seven Facts that must never be forgotten.
THE POWER OF REJOICING
To rejoice means to exhibit joy, to show forth your happiness it is not a hidden thing. If it is in the heart, it will show forth on the face. (Neh. 2:2)
Sorrow of the heart manifest as sadness on the face. In like manner joy of the heart will show as happiness, laughter etc. on the face.
In March 1992, a research shows that average 4-year old laughs 400 times a day, while adults laugh only 15 to 16 times.
No wonder Jesus exhorted us to be as little children if we cherish God’s kingdom!
Joy is a weapon in the battle of life. Without joy in your heart, there is a limit to where they can get to here on earth.
All your entitlements in the kingdom are available only on the platform of joy.
# Don’t let anything steal your joy (Neh. 8:10)
Your joy is your strength. Actually, medically speaking laughter releases a chemical substance called endorphins that energize us, increase our endurance and act as a natural painkiller.
Again when you laugh, you get more oxygen into your brain and this make you think more clearly!
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT REJOICING
1. Rejoicing makes it easy to hear God’s voice (Isa. 30:29-30)
And you know how important hearing God is.
2. Joyful heart produces healthy body and prolongs life
Good News Translation says being cheerful keeps you healthy.
3. Rejoicing invites God’s presence. When genuine rejoicing fills the air, God comes down! Isa. 64:5, Ps. 100:1
4. Rejoicing keeps you running in the race of life.
5. Coming to the house of God will joy guarantees that you will go back home with greater joy. (Isa. 51:11)
Take note that joy is different from happiness. Joy is of the heart that is established supernaturally, while happiness is traceable to a particular cause.
6. Sin steals joy, righteousness establishes it. (Ps. 51:12, 45:7, 64:10.
7. God’s spoken words as rhema, (which can come when you are waiting on God or during preaching) bring joy. Jer. 15:16, Jn. 15:11.
There is power in rejoicing. Its result does not follow any natural law Hab. 3:17-19
When do you rejoice
During Trials IPet. 4:12,13
Loss of properties Heb. 10:34