Summary: Can anyone heal the environment, fix the economy or bring peace to the world? No! It’s a matter of scale: Jesus always healed individual people and cast out demons one at a time. You don’t want to rush healing.
- Mom and Dad
- They have healing powers
- can perform miracles
- we need super heroes because this world is so big and incomprehensible, we need someone to hold things together for us
- we need the feeling of power, if not for ourselves so at least for our leaders or role models:
"Can we fix it? - Yes, we can! Bob, the Builder" empowering his crew
- The feeling of having power to actually do something about the mess we live in
- In order to do that let’s begin by figuring out:
What is your unclean spirit? - sin, guilt
What was an unclean spirit you cast out? - addiction, unhealthy relationship
What does it feel like to be obsessed?
- makes you say things you don’t want to say
- makes you do things you don’t want to do
- feels like many instead of just one
- convulsion is physical
What is more infectious...
... an unclean spirit or a clean spirit?
... wisdom or mental dullness?
- good and evil are equally powerful in our lives!
- most of the time we’re in a neutral position
- every once in a while we tend to dullness or uncleanness
- that is where healing and teaching is needed
What can you teach in the synagogue?
What do you need to be taught in the synagogue?
The unclean spirit recognizes Jesus to be the holy one
The unclean spirit speaks of itself to be many, in reality it’s just one and Jesus names that
Clean spirits tend to be more restrained and hide themselves
Can anyone heal the environment, fix the economy or bring peace to the world? No!
It’s a matter of scale: Jesus always healed individual people and cast out demons one at a time
You don’t want to rush healing
A wise man once said: when life is all to stressful and I think I’ve got no time, I get down on my knees and pray for another hour.
And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Amen.