Summary: Too many times we look for pleasure in the wrong places. There are millions of Americans who have more TV channels than ever before and are still searching for new ways to pleasure themselves. Recently, Petsmart, reported that $31 billion dollar was spent
Praise God for His Pleasures (Psa 16:9-11)
Too many times we look for pleasure in the wrong places. There are millions of Americans who have more TV channels than ever before and are still searching for new ways to pleasure themselves. Recently, Petsmart, reported that $31 billion dollar was spent by Americans on taking care of their pets. Sadly, they fail to realize that the greatest pleasure a person can realize is found in the intimate presence of our loving Lord.
David wrote, "Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices: my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." (Psa 16:9-11)
The following ten attributes of God are helpful points of praise to enhance our intimacy with the Holy One:
1. Plea Hearer – You heard my plea (Lam 3:26)David wrote, "I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears." (Psa 34:1-4)
2. Pleasant – Tells us pleasant things (Isa 30:10)Only the Lord is able to always remind us of all the pleasant benefits we have in Christ. Paul wrote, "Fix your thought on what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, excellent, admirable, and praise-worthy." (Phil. 4:8)
3. Pleased One – For God was well pleased to have all his fullness dwell in Christ. (Col. 1:16) When we pray we can ask the Lord to show us the best ways to please Him in all respects so we may bear fruit in every good work and increase in the knowledge of God. (Col. 1:9-11)
4. Pleasure Giver – In your presence is fullness of joy and in your right hand are pleasures forever. (Psa 16:9-11) False pleasures of the world, the flesh and the devil war against the soul and we need to resist, reject and renounce all other loves but for the Father. (I John 2:15,16)
5. Pleasures Eternally – In your right hand are pleasures forevermore (Psa 16:11)Thank God that we can look forward to an eternal home in heaven where we will find eternal pleasure in the presence of our heavenly Father.
6. Pleasure Source – Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Paul wrote, "For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity." (Rom 11:35,36)
7. Pledger – He gives us the pledge of a good conscience (I Pet 3:21)Praise God that He pledges His loyalty to us so it is the least that we can do the same toward Him.
8. Plenteous in Mercy for all who call upon You. Jesus said, "Blessed are the merciful for they will receive mercy." (Matt 5)
9. Plentiful – He is plenteous in mercy for all who call upon Him. Praise God that His mercies are new every morning, great is His faithfulness. (Lam 3:23,24)
10. Polisher – He made me into a polished arrow (Isa 49:2)Praise God that He knows the best ways to bring greater maturity in Christ by refining us more in to His likeness.