Summary: This is the 24th sermon in the series "The End". This sermon looks at what praise is and then looks at the praise and worship service found in Revelation 19:1-6.
Sunday Morning October 13, 2002 Bel Aire Baptist Church
Series: ¡§The End¡¨ [#24]
PRAISE THE LORD!
1. This morning we are going to ¡§pick-up¡¨ where we left off on our Sunday Evening Series ¡§The End.¡¨ We have completed the study of the Tribulation and are to chapter 19 where we will find a worship service-taking place. I have heard many say that when they get to Heaven that they are going to be playing golf or fishing, but that is not what the Bible teaches. We find in Revelations several times what is going on in Heaven and that is the praising and worship of God. Now you may be thinking, ¡§Well that is Heaven and when I get there I will do that, but while I¡¦m here on earth it is different¡¨. What about the Lord¡¦s Prayer? ¡§Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your Kingdom come you will be done on earth as it is in heaven¡¨.
2. This morning I want us to look at the hallelujah¡¦s in Revelation 19:1-6. This is the only time you will find the word ¡§hallelujah¡¨ in the New Testament. The word ¡§Hallelu Yah¡¨ is actually an Old Testament word meaning ¡§Praise The Lord.¡¨ You will find the Psalmist beginning Psalm 146-150 with ¡§Hallelu Yah.¡¨
3. Let¡¦s look at what praise is and why these in Heaven will be praising God.
Components Of Praise
Praise expresses admiration, appreciation, and thanks. In Psalms 146-150 we are shown who, what, where, why, and how to praise God.
1. What does praise do?
„« Praise takes our minds off our problems and shortcoming and focuses them on God.
„« Praise leads us from individual meditation to corporate worship.
„« Praise causes us to consider and appreciate God¡¦s character.
„« Praise lifts our perspective from the earthly to the Heavenly.
2. Where can we praise God? Anywhere!
3. Why do we praise God? Because all we have comes from Him and He along is worthy of our praise. Psalm 147
4. How do we praise God? Psalm 149-150
5. Who should praise God? Psalm 148-150:6
When you sing the songs we sing, what is the attitude of your heart? Who are you singing to?
Collage Of Praise
In our text we find a collage of praise. The scene is in Heaven and we find a praise and worship service going on.
Let¡¦s see who the worshippers are and their reason for worshipping.
1. Who: A great multitude [If you are a Christian, you will be a part of this multitude].
„« Salvation ¡V It is only because of God¡¦s gift of Salvation that we can have eternal life.
„« Glory ¡V Although man tries to take the glory here on earth, the glory is God¡¦s.
„« Power ¡V Only God is powerful enough to defeat Satan. Not one in here can defeat Satan on their own.
„« They are praising God because He has defeated evilness and the one causing evilness once and for all. The great prostitute was the false religions of Babylon and God will be victorious.
2. Who: A great multitude.
„« Not only will God be victorious over the religious Babylon but He will also be victorious over the political and commercial Babylon.