Summary: Shows how Jesus taught the church to pray in the face of injustice and discouragement.
Pray . . . Until Jesus Returns
1. Consistent praying is our primary weapon against
We ought to pray consistently because we are weak
Lesson: Rely on God’s weapon!
2. Specific praying is a mark of a deepening walk with God. (v. 3)
We ought to pray specifically to give God glory when He answers our prayers.
Lesson: Rely on God’s Word for confirmation!
3. Bold & persistent praying believes the only thing
that matters is the power of our God not the size
of our problems. (v.2-3)
We ought to pray boldly because we are God’s
Lesson: Rely on God’s power! .
4. Expectant praying believes answers may just be
around the corner. (v.4-5)
We ought to pray expectantly because God delights
to give us good gifts.
Lesson: Rely on God’s timing!
5. Confident praying sees God’s character as key to
His response. (v.6-7)
We ought to pray confidently because God’s answer
is always the best.
Lesson: Rely on God’s character!
6. Kingdom-focused praying is an evidence of our
faith in Christ’s return. (v.8)
We ought to pray perseveringly because it pleases
Lesson: Rely on God’s promises!
Let us pray:
- BOLDLY & PERSISTENTLY
until JESUS Returns!