1. Follow the will of God in pursuing the purposes, plans, processes, people, timing, and products of His kingdom and His righteousness. (Matt. 6:33,34) GOD IS GREATER THAN ANY PROBLEM I HAVE OR ANYONE ELSE ENCOUNTERS - Do not personalize everything instead see things in an objective light. Do not react out of emotions, but James 1:19 - Let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger. For the wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God. Realize that most of life should be viewed from the eternal perspective as it relieves stress and helps us focus on the things that will matter most for eternity. The ONLY THING I REALLY NEED TO DO IS TO KNOW CHRIST, FOLLOW HIM AND OBEY HIS WILL. I DO NOT NEED TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. OBEDIE NCE IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE. Deut. 29:29 - The secret things belong to the Lord our God. But the things that are revealed are for us that we may obey all the words of His law.
2. Be objective and do not let feelings cloud your judgment. DO NOT OVERREACT. DO NOT HAVE A PERSECUTION COMPLEX. So send I you to labor unrewarded. To serve unpaid, unloved, unsought, unknown. To bear rebuke, to suffer scorn and scoffing. So send I you to toil for Me alone. As the Father sent me. So I send I you.
3. Do not let the subjective mood swings overwhelm your sense of purpose, power, and the purposeful empowering of the Holy Spirit. For it is God who is at work in both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Use that adult education style of leadership as this basically communicates to people that we believe in them and the God given gifts they possess.
4. Distinguish between criticism and analytical thinking. Realize that most people cannot make this distinction so remember to say little. Where there are many words, transgressions are unavoidable, but He who restrains His lips is wise. Try not to launch personal attacks, but keep things objective and discuss ideas rather than personal faults of others.
5. Take corrections from God. God can use anyone or anything to teach me more about His purposes and His greater wisdom, purposes, and processes. Job said, Lord, I now know you can do all things and no purpose of yours can be thwarted. (Job 42:1,2) Lord I confess my own sins of commission, omission, disposition and predisposition. You are the potter and I am the clay. Mold me and make me this is what I pray. Take my heart Oh God. Make it ever new. May I learn from you. Let me be like you. As the deer pants for the water so my soul cries after you. I love you more than any other and I long to worship you. You alone are my strength and shield. To you alone may my spirit yield. I love you more than any other and I long to worship you. Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind and your neighbor as yourself.
6. Take up your cross daily, deny yourself and follow Jesus. Footprints of Jesus that makes the pathway glow. We will follow the steps of Jesus wherever they go. Fixing our eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith who for the joy set before Him endured the cross scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who endured such sufferings of sinners against Himself lest you become weary and faint in your minds. You have not resisted to the point of shedding blood in your struggle against sin. Do not take responsibilities on that are above my capacities, but have a sane estimate. Always say, WE ARE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO TRUST THE LORD ON THAT! Learn to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF - Have a real concern for others as more important than yourself (Phil. 2:1-5) It takes the grace of God to feel this for people. Have a real concern for their hurts, problems, aspirations & needs. Love them from the heart with a sincere love for the brethren. Seek to bring comfort, healing, inspiration, kindness, gentleness, uplifting of their depressions, forgiveness for their sins, understanding, blessings, strengthening, maturity, bolstering, encouragement, compliments, respects, appreciation, enablement, direction, challenge, hope, relief from their pain & afflictions & troubles & limitations & inferiorities, heartaches, conflicts, crisis, frayed relationships, show great respect for people & be willing to listen, love, & not criticize but edify one another, encourage, compliment, shepherd, appreciate, & identify with peoples' sufferings, disappointments, mis-directions, anger, jealousies, bitterness, lack of fulfillment, needs for belonging, acceptance, safety & security, & psysiological needs, needs for diversification with unity, alienation, lack of a sense of worth or fulfillment, strife relief, anxiety relief, depression problems, distrust, discouragements, or lack of power or connectedness, or lack of intimacy both with people and with God or with people who can solve their problems.