Summary: *HANDOUT INCLUDED* Is there something that we can do to prepare for a special time of blessing from God in our lives? We examine four principles for preparing for God’s reviving.
Preparation for Revival
In A Christian’s Heart
Have you ever had a time where you really grew as a Christian? Tell us about it.
How does God want us to prepare for Him to speak to us?
1. Soften what has hardened. Hosea 10:12
Ho 10:12 Sow for yourselves righteousness; Reap in mercy; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the LORD, Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.
…going to a person that you have held something against.
…making a restitution.
…telling God you want to be softened.
2. Do all we can to prepare for his blessing. II Kings 3:16-18
2 Kings 3:16-18 “And he said, "Thus says the LORD: ’Make this valley full of ditches.’ For thus says the LORD: ’You shall not see wind, nor shall you see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, so that you, your cattle, and your animals may drink.’ And this is a simple matter in the sight of the LORD; He will also deliver the Moabites into your hand.”
How did the Israelites prepare?
- Obeying when it seemed foolish.
DIG DITCHES? I came here to fight
Is there anything God is talking to you about that might seem foolish?
- Obeying when it seemed difficult. This ground is too hard And I didn’t bring my shovel.
Is there anything that God is talking to you about that might seem like it’s difficult to obey?
- Obeying completely. They obeyed so completely that God used the overflow to win a great battle.
How can we prepare for God’s blessing?
…by setting aside time to go to youth camp or revival.
…by taking extra time to seek God’s guidance.
…by breaking down barriers that might be between you and other Christians.
... by “finishing the job” obeying in some area that we’ve been putting off.
I cannot bring revival.
My dad cannot bring revival.
You cannot bring revival.
But you can prepare for it, and God will bring it!
3. Agree to obey without knowing what is required. John 7:17 - "If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority.”
Here’s a powerful principle for knowing the will of God!
“when your spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I’ll agree” …do we mean that??
Most people want God to speak to them in revival. The catch is that they’re not sure what God is going to talk to them about. You know what I mean?
Well, I sure hope God speaks to me, (**But I hope it’s not about THAT.)