Summary: *HANDOUT INCLUDED* Is there something that we can do to prepare for a special time of blessing from God in our lives? We examine four principles for preparing for God’s reviving.
God wants you to sign on the bottom line, and let him fill in the other duties.
4. Do an ___obedience__ check on what you already know.
Ge 24:27 And he said, "Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken His mercy and His truth toward my master. As for me, being on the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master’s brethren."
The Lord leads people who are already doing what they are supposed to be. God revives people whose hearts are already prepared. . . they’re not disobeying in any way!
If you’ll walk in the light you’ve already got, God will show you how you can move closer to him in the next few days!
Fill in the blanks in your own mind:
One area in which I need to soften my heart is:
A ditch I could dig to prepare for God’s blessing is:
One area where I need to agree to obey God is:
Preparing Our Hearts for Revival
How to get ready to be blessed by God. . .1. Soften what has _______________. Hosea 10:12
Ho 10:12 Sow for yourselves righteousness; Reap in mercy; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the LORD, Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.
2. Do all we can to ____________ for his blessing. II Kings 3:16-18
2 Kings 3:16-18 “And he said, "Thus says the LORD: ’Make this valley full of ditches.’ For thus says the LORD: ’You shall not see wind, nor shall you see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, so that you, your cattle, and your animals may drink.’ And this is a simple matter in the sight of the LORD; He will also deliver the Moabites into your hand.”
How did the Israelites prepare for the blessing of God?
- Obeying when it seemed _________________. Is there anything God is talking to you about that might seem foolish?
- Obeying when it seemed ________________. This ground is too hard And I didn’t bring my shovel.
- Obeying ________________. They obeyed so completely that God used the overflow to win a great battle.
3. Agree to obey without knowing what is ______________. John 7:17 - "If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority.”
4. Do an ________________ check on what you already know. Ge 24:27 And he said, "Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken His mercy and His truth toward my master. As for me, being on the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master’s brethren."