Summary: Some principles of the Kingdom of God.
THE PRINCIPLES OF SOWING AND REAPING
?Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. He who continually goes forth weeping, bearing seed for sowing, Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.?
God has a PLAN for you to increase.
I.Four Anologies of what the Kingdom of Heaven is like (Mt. 13:31-33 and 44-52)
1.The Kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed.
2.The Kingdom of heaven is like yeast in flour.
3.The Kingdom of heaven is like a Hidden Treasure (A pearl of great price).
4.The Kingdom of heaven is like a fishing net
II.Kingdom Principles of sowing and reaping
1. Forget about last year"s crop and focus on this year?s
*Philipians 3:13, No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be,?*?but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.?*?
2. The SOIL that you plant in determines a good harvest or a bad harvest.
- Jesus said there are four types of soil
(TURN YOUR BIBLES TO LUKE 8:4)
One day Jesus told this story to a large crowd that had gathered from many towns to hear him: 5 ? farmer went out to plant some seed. As he scattered it across his field, some seed fell on a footpath, where it was stepped on, and the birds came and ate it. 6 Other seed fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. This seed began to grow, but soon it withered and died for lack of moisture. 7 Other seed fell among thorns that shot up and choked out the tender blades. 8 Still other seed fell on fertile soil. This seed grew and produced a crop one hundred times as much as had been planted.?
The seed is God’s message (God’s word that has been planted in you)
1. The seed that fell on the hard path represents those who hear the message, but then the Devil comes and steals it away and prevents them from believing .
- Dont let the devil steal your seed(word), for 2005.
- Dont let others step on your word so that it will have no affect
2. The rocky soil represents those who hear the message with joy. But like young plants in such soil, their roots don’t go very deep. They believe for a while, but they wilt when the hot winds of testing blow.
- Dont let the strong winds of life blow you over, this year. "Be determined"
3. The thorny ground represents those who hear and accept the message, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the cares and riches and pleasures of this life. And so they never grow into maturity.
- There are things in life that will take all your attention if you let them.
4. But the good soil represents honest, good-hearted people who hear God? message, cling to it, and steadily produce a huge harvest.
3.A seed has to be planted to have a harvest.
- Without planting a seed you cannot expect to receive any kind of harvest.
- It?s a principle established by God in the physical and in the Spiritual.
If you want corn to grow, you must plant a seed
If you want to be loved, you must plant seeds of love
If you want friends, you must sow seeds of friendship, etc.
If you want to be healthy. You can?t eat Mc. Donalds everyday. You eat healthy food.
4. There is a season for sowing and a season for reaping.
The Bible says in Eccleseastes 3 that; "There is a season for everything under the sun"
- You cant expect to sow a seed today and recieve a crop right away. It takes time.
- Getting started is the hardest part but once you get your first harvest, you are on your way (KEEP IT UP!)
5. Whatever you sow, you will reap.
*Galatians 6:7, ? Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.?
- If you sow crab grass that?s what you will get
- If you sow good grass like Augustine grass that?s what you?ll get.
*Proverbs 3:9-10 Honor the LORD with your possessions, and with the first fruits of all your increase (your best); so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.
6. You reap in proportion to what we sow.
Luke 6:38, 39 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.?