Stupid with Money
November 13, 2008
Bible Baptist Shawnee Oklahoma
I’ve been your pastor here for ONE YEAR I realized that only once have I preached on Money.
No time like the present>>>
13No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Stupid with money
Item: Dog shrink
When the pressure of life get his dogs down, Smith’s four Rottweilers visit the Sigmund Freud of the canine world — renowned Hollywood hound analyst Cesar Millan, a.k.a. “The Dog Whisperer.” Apparently, it takes a special talent to help a pooch get over the trauma of watching Bad Boys II.
Here is a quote from the Book of Opinions “Dog physiologist $2500. A fool having money priceless.” There is no end to what a fool will spend his money on!!!
Is money important to God? Yes and No
• Jesus talked about money more than He did Heaven and Hell combined.
• Jesus talked about money more than anything else except the Kingdom of God.
• 11 of 39 parables talk about money.
• 1 of every 7 verses in the Gospel of Luke talks about money.
• Each Gate in Heaven is made of a single pearl
• The outer walls are layered in precious stones
• Gold has the value of as vault because the streets are paved with it
Don’t think for one minute that God wants your money he wants your Heart..
When you wake up in the morning who do you give your heart to:
Your JOB—worrying about that next pay raise--That next big deal—or weather or not your going to have a job when you get there—
Your Money (if you have it) how your going to spend it---what that next purchase is going to be that will supposedly bring you fulfillment---How your going to make more of it----
Who is your God? If your god is money then you are going to be sorely disappointed.
Luke 9:25 for what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
We waste a lot of our lives on stupid pursuits, sometimes missing our greatest blessings (most of the time these blessing are right in front of us)
SO HERE IT IS ON YOUR FACE
You ever heard of the game show lets make a deal? Let’s play it for a minute.
Suitcase #1 you have the entire world all the people possessions, money, power.
2. You can do anything you want, have anything you want, live anywhere you want, travel anywhere you want.
3. Sounds pretty good, but you only get to enjoy this for 70 maybe 90 years!!!
1. Eternal life, eternal joy, all the answers to life’s questions.
2. A chance to meet the one who created you—formed you & built the universe, a body that feels no more pain sadness, death, no more war, lying, killing cheating
3. A world were you can leave your door open and no one will steal, enough food for eternity, countless worlds to explore, a worlds filled with all manner of wonder.
4. You can see touch and interact with all the animals in person that have become extinct, the lion will lay down with the lamb, animals will have no fear of you will not fear them. You will have nothing to fear.
5. THE LORD WILL BE YOU ONLY GOVERNMENT- A world with a perfect legal system, financial system-all relationships will be perfect—You can talk to angels—loved ones who have passed on in Christ—everyone who has gone before (in Christ)….
But my greatest joy will be to sing, laugh and dance with the one who made it all possible Jesus Christ the King of the universe and all other universes!!! Because JESUS LOVES ME that’s right little ole me and little ole you!!!!!!!
Weather you like it or not you are playing this game right now---with one exception---Suitcase #1 probably doesn’t have all those sweet things in it…
People are crazy when it comes to accepting the things that God has prepared for them. Sometimes a person will live there whole lives, then on there deathbed some will ask them if they want to accept JESUS CHRIST AS THERE PERSONAL SAVIOR. With there last dieing breath they will say no not right now!!!
It just goes to show you the level of depravity a sinful person can reach in one life time----
My grandma used to say, “MONEY MONEY MONEY, ain’t worth nothing if you ain’t got your health”. Oh how right she was—now that I am older and full of aches and pains, I understand.
Let me tell you a story found in Luke chapter 12:
Luke 12:15-21 (Phi) ..."Be on your guard against covetousness in any shape or form. For a man’s real life in no way depends upon the number of his possessions... A rich man’s farmland produced heavy crops. So he said to himself, ’What shall I do, for I have no room to store this harvest of mine?’ Then he said, ’I know what I’ll do. I’ll pull down my barns and build bigger ones where I can store all my grain and my goods and I can say to my soul, Soul, you have plenty of good things stored up there for years to come. Relax! Eat, drink, and have a good time!’ But God said to him, ’You fool, this very night you will be asked for YOUR SOUL!...’ That is what happens to the man who hoards things for himself and is not rich in the eyes of God."
God want us to be responsible with wealth>>
Heb 13:5 (RSV) "Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have."
Ps 37:7,16 (NAS) Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way... Better is the little of the righteous than the abundance of many wicked.
Acts 2:44-45 (Phi) All the believers joined together and shared everything in common; they sold their possessions and goods and divided the proceeds among the fellowship according to individual need.
Prov 11:4,28 (NIV) Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death... Whoever trusts in his riches will fall...
I implore you not to trust in yourself don’t lean on your own understanding---Trust in Jesus only he has the ability to give you what is in Suitcase #2
Which one-my friend-which one?