• Last week we started on a series about the Fearless Christian.
• We learned last week that fear is a spirit that leads to destruction.
• Fear destroys your confidence in the Word of God. Fear allows the devil to gain a strong hold in your life.
• Satan can do nothing to a fearless Christian. So we must be convinced that God’s Word works every time.
• Don’t accept the whispers of Satan.
• Fear comes from a sense of powerlessness over the future.
• Fear is contaminated faith.
• This week I want to continue on the subject of fear. Fear is a spiritual force that operates like faith.
• Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
• When you operate by fear, you expect negative things to happen to you, and eventually they will.
• When you live by faith, you expect and hope for the best.
• Fear opposes the Word of God, while faith is rooted in the Word of God.
• Let us look to the Word of God and continue this week on the Fearless Christian.
(NKJV) 2 Timothy 1 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
(AMP) 2 Timothy 1 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
1) Fear is faith in reverse.
a) Shout… Fear is faith in reverse.
b) Shout… I have the Holy Spirit that dwells in me!
c) Fear is the reciprocal of faith.
d) Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.
e) Fear comes by hearing the words of the Satan.
(NKJV) 1 John 4 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
i) Fear is based in selfishness, but perfected love casts out all fear.
ii) Just as faith is a law, so is fear.
(1) A law is an established principle that works for anyone who gets involved.
2) God has not given you a spirit of fear.
a) Shout… Fear, doubt, unbelief, I cast you out in Jesus name.
b) Satan wants you to fear that God's Word will not work for you.
i) He wants you to believe God will not supply your needs.
ii) In these last days, the hearts of many will fail them because of fear.
(NKJV) Luke 21 25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
c) Satan speaks words that oppose God's Word, which produces fear.
i) Satan spoke words that contradicted God's Word. Know the Word of God! This is your protection from the enemy!
ii) The spirit of fear causes you to think you are missing out on something.
3) Job operated in fear.
(NKJV) Job 1 5 So it was, when the days of feasting had run their course, that Job would send and sanctify them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did regularly. 6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. 7 And the LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?” So Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” 8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?” 9 So Satan answered the LORD and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!” 12 And the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.” So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.
a) Fear works like faith; the thing you fear the most will come upon you.
(NKJV) Job 3 25 For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, And what I dreaded has happened to me.
b) By allowing fear to be his motivation, Job gave Satan access into his life.
c) Job's fear opened the door for the enemy to destroy his children and possessions.
d) Worry is a sin because it is negative meditation.
e) Satan has access to your life through fear. Don’t give him access!
f) What is your greatest fear?
i) Identify those areas and find out what God has said about them in His Word.
ii) Refuse to allow fear to be your motivation for prayer i.e. you are afraid if you do not pray, something bad will happen.
iii) Remember to walk by faith and not by sight.
iv) Pray your request one time; then continue to thank God for the manifestation of your prayer.
v) Satan wants you to fear God's Word will not work for you.
vi) If you consider Satan's negative words, you will doubt God's Word.
vii) Guard your heart; be sure you are not allowing Satan's words to get inside you.
viii) Fear comes through words and images. Watch what you say and watch on TV and radio.
• Fear is faith in reverse.
• Fear is the reciprocal of faith.
• Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.
• Fear comes by hearing the words of the Satan.
• Satan wants you to fear that God's Word will not work for you.
o He wants you to believe God will not supply your needs.
• Satan spoke words that contradicted God's Word. Know the Word of God! This is your protection from the enemy!
• The spirit of fear causes you to think you are missing out on something.
• If you consider Satan's negative words, you will doubt God's Word.
• Guard your heart; be sure you are not allowing Satan's words to get inside you.
• Fear comes through words and images. Watch what you say and watch on TV and radio.
• You are a fearless Christian. Walk in all that God has for you today!
• Let us pray.