THREE THINGS TO
EXPECT IN 2010
NBCOG 01/03/2010 AM
*DISCERNING THE TIMES HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CRUCIAL PART OF CHRISTIANITY.
*MANY HAVE WENT TO THE EXTREME AND IN ERROR HAVE SET DATES
AND EVEN TIMES FOR THE RETURN OF CHRIST TO TAKE THE CHURCH HOME.
*THAT EVENT IS KNOWN AS THE RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH.
*NOW, I WANT TO LAY THE FOUNDATION HERE.
*DON’T CONFUSE THE RAPTURE WITH THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST.
*THEY ARE 2 SEPARATE, DISTINCT EVENTS.
*THE RAPTURE TAKES PLACE FIRST.
*THAT’S THE CHURCH, THE BRIDE OF CHRIST BEING TAKEN OUT OF THE WORLD BEFORE THE TRIBULATION BEGINS.
*THEN AFTER THE 7 YEARS OF TRIBULATION, JESUS WILL RETURN AND DESTROY THE ARMIES THAT ARE GATHERED FOR THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON.
*AND THEN SET UP HIS MILLENNIAL REIGN.
*THAT IS THE SECOND COMING.
*IF WE TAKE A SURVEY OF THE LAST DECADE WE SEE WHERE WE ARE HEADED FOR THE FUTURE.
*PARTICULARLY IN AMERICA.
*THERE ARE THREE THINGS THE LORD HAS LAID ON MY HEART FOR US TO EXPECT FOR 2010.
The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
I. THE FIRST THING WE CAN EXPECT IN 2010 IS TROUBLE.
1. WE JUST FINISHED AND WON A BATTLE ON MANY FRONTS CONCERNING WHETHER WE SHOULD CALL CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS
OR A HOLIDAY.
2. IT IS NO SURPRISE THAT WE AS CHRISTIANS ARE HATED.
3. JESUS WARNED US THAT THE WORLD HATED HIM
AND THE WORLD WOULD HATE US.
4. IN FACT THERE ARE PROPOSALS FOR LAWS THAT HAVE BEEN
AND WILL BE WRITTEN TO TRY TO DISBAND AND DESTROY CHRISTIANITY IN AMERICA.
5. BUT, JESUS SAID, “THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH.”
6. I THINK THAT IT SPEAKS VOLUMES IN
AND OF ITSELF,
IN FACT IT’S A TALE TALE SIGN,
WHEN LIBERAL POLITICIANS AND JUDGES HAVE NO PROBLEMS OR QUARRELS WITH THE RELIGIONS OF:
WICCA OR SATANISTS.
7. YET, THEY UTTERLY DESPISE CHRISTIANS AND JEWS.
8. THEIR PLANS ARE TO FORCE US TO CHANGE;
TO RENOUNCE JESUS;
OR TO DIE FOR OUR BELIEFS.
9. YET, THE OTHER RELIGIONS OF THE WORLD ARE TOLERATED AND LEFT ALONE.
10. IT IS THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH THAT IS BEING BLAMED FOR MANY OF THE SOCIAL PROBLEMS IN AMERICA AND THE WORLD.
11. BUT, UNDERSTAND THE CHURCH HAS AN ENEMY.
A REAL ENEMY.
NOT A CARTOON CHARACTER OR A MAKE BELIEVE CHARACTER.
12. THAT ENEMY HAS WANTED TO BE GOD. 13. BUT, SINCE HE CAN’T BE GOD, HE WANTS TO DESTROY EVERYTHING THAT IS LIKE GOD.
14. AND EVERYONE THAT IS BORN OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD.
15. AND IT’S NOT THAT WE FIGHT AND WAGE WAR AGAINST PEOPLE.
16. BUT, IT IS A SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST, A SPIRIT OF HATRED THAT IS IN THEM THAT WE FIGHT AGAINST.
17. IT IS A SPIRITUAL,
NOT A POLITICAL BATTLE THAT WE’RE IN.
EPHESIANS 6:12 READS, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
18. YOU CAN EXPECT THE WORLD TO HATE US MORE AND MORE.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO HAVE TO SIGN MORE PETITIONS TO PROTECT OUR RELIGIOUS FREEDOMS.
AND TO WRITE MORE LETTERS TO YOUR SENATORS AND CONGRESSMEN.
19. BUT, IN THE MIDST OF IT YOU CAN EXPECT GOD TO PROVE HIS LOVE FOR US TIME AND TIME AGAIN.
20. PERSECUTIONS ARE HERE
AND ARE GOING TO COME.
21. WHY ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?
WHY DO YOU READ AND BELIEVE THAT OUTDATED BOOK.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO BELIEVE THAT LIE?
WE’RE ALL GOOD PEOPLE.
WE’RE ALL GOING TO HEAVEN.
22. THAT IS A REAL PUSH IN AMERICA RIGHT NOW.
23. THEY WANT TO RATIONALIZE EVERYTHING
AND PUSH GOD OUT OF THE EQUATION.
24. TEENAGERS, YOU CAN EXPECT MORE PEER PRESSURE TO SLEEP AROUND,
TO GET HIGH,
TO GET DRUNK,
TO CHEAT ON TESTS,
TO LIE AND STEAL SO THAT YOU CAN MAINTAIN YOUR SO CALLED FRIENDS.
25. BUT, IN THE MIDST OF THE STRUGGLE GOD HAS A PROMISE FOR THOSE WHO ARE TRUE TO HIM.
But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee:
26. I SEE TROUBLE OTHER THAN PERSECUTION.
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
WE’RE THERE RIGHT NOW.
DANGER LURKS EVERYWHERE.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud,
PEOPLE ARE SELFISH AND THEY LOOK OUT ONLY FOR THEMSELVES.
blasphemers, disobedient to parents, IN MY DAY WE DID NOT DISRESPECT OUR PARENTS, TALK BACK AND DISOBEY THEM THE WAY CHILDREN DO TODAY.
IF WE WOULD HAVE WE WOULD HAVE GOT SOME HICKORY TEA.
unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection,
WE HAVE UNTHANKFUL PEOPLE.
THEY THINK WE OWE THEM A LIVING.
MOTHER’S LOVING THEIR BOYFRIENDS MORE THAN THEIR OWN CHILDREN.
ALLOWING THE BOYFRIEND TO ABUSE
AND MOLEST THE CHILDREN.
SELLING THEIR SOULS FOR ANOTHER FIX OF DRUGS.
WOMEN TURNING TO WOMEN AND MEN TO MEN FOR LOVE AND PLEASURE.
trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, YEAH, THEY HATE US.
Traitors, heady, high minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
BUT, THE PSALMIST WROTE IN PSALM 46
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
27. DO NOT FEAR WHAT YOU SEE.
28. BUT, TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THINE HEART AND LEAN NOT TO THINE OWN UNDERSTANDING.
IN ALL THY WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AND HE SHALL DIRECT THY PATH.
II. THE SECOND THING TO EXPECT IS A HARVEST OF SOULS.
Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
1. THERE ARE THOSE WHO SAY THERE WILL NOT BE A HARVEST IN THE LAST DAYS.
2. THEY SAY ALL WE CAN EXPECT IS TERROR, FINANCIAL TROUBLES,
FAMINES AND WAR.
ACTS 2:17 SAYS, And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:
HABAKKUK 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
ISAIAH 11:9 for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
3. WHEN DEVASTATING TIMES COME,
IT IS TIME FOR THE TRUE CHURCH NOT TO FEAR,
BUT, TO SHOW FORTH THE GLORY OF GOD.
4. AND TO SHOW OUR TRUST
AND ALLEGIANCE TO HIM.
5. IT’S NOT TIME TO COWER,
BUT, TO SHOW FORTH THE PRAISES OF HIM WHO HATH CALLED US OUT OF DARKNESS INTO HIS MARVELOUS LIGHT.
6. AND RIGHT NOW,
MORE THAT EVER BEFORE,
WE NEED TO SEEK THE FACE OF GOD FOR A MIGHTY OUTPOURING OF HIS HOLY SPIRIT.
7. GOD IS NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH, BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE.
8. GOD DIDN’T SEND JESUS INTO THE WORLD TO CONDEMN IT, BUT THAT THE WORLD THROUGH HIM MIGHT BE SAVED.
9. CAN WE SEE A HARVEST OF SOULS? YES
10. WILL WE SEE A HARVEST OF SOULS. YES
11. WHEN WE PRAY THE LORD OF THE HARVEST TO SEND FORTH LABORERS INTO THE FIELD,
HE WILL HEARKEN TO OUR HEARTS CRY
AND WILL RESPOND.
12. WHEN WE AGONIZE AND TRAVAIL IN PRAYER,
BROKEN - OVER OUR LOST LOVED ONES
AND THE LOST-NESS OF OUR NATION,
AND WE HUMBLE OURSELVES BEFORE GOD; GOD WILL HEAR US AND ANSWER.
13. WHEN WE GET OFF OF CHURCH OF GOD PEWS
AND FROM BEHIND CHURCH OF GOD WALLS AND GO TO WHERE SINNERS ARE,
WE WILL PLANT SEEDS,
WE WILL WATER THE SEEDS
AND GOD WILL GIVE AN INCREASE.
14. THERE ARE 2 PEOPLE IN THIS CHURCH WHO HAVE COME TO ME AND SAID, I DON’T KNOW IF MY SPOUSE IS SAVED OR NOT.
THEY COME TO CHURCH WITH ME,
BUT, SAVED, I JUST DON’T KNOW.
15. IF YOU REALLY LOVE THEM,
AND ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR ETERNAL SOUL,
WHY DON’T YOU TAKE THE TIME TO ASK THEM, “ARE YOU BORN AGAIN?
ARE YOUR SINS UNDER THE BLOOD?
HAVE YOU BEEN REDEEMED?
DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT YOU’RE GOING TO HEAVEN?”
16. I’VE BEEN IN RESTAURANTS
AND IN STORES WHEN THE BURDEN OF THE LORD COMES TO MY HEART TO GO TALK TO AN INDIVIDUAL ABOUT JESUS.
17. AND BEING AS SHY AND BACKWARDS AS I AM, I WAITED TO MAKE SURE IT WAS GOD.
18. AND MY HEART BEGINS TO POUND
AND THE BURDEN GETS STRONGER
AND I KNOW I HAVE TO GO.
19. SO, I GET UP AND GO AND ASK, “CAN I TALK TO YOU ABOUT JESUS AND GOD’S GREAT LOVE FOR YOU?”
20. DO THEY ALWAYS PRAY THE SINNERS PRAYER? NO.
21. BUT, SEEDS WERE PLANTED
22. AND ULTIMATELY IT IS UP TO THEM
AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.
23. MY JOB ISN’T TO SAVE.
24. I CAN’T SAVE MYSELF LET ALONE ANYONE ELSE.
25. BUT, I CAN BE OBEDIENT
AND PLANT A SEED,
AND WATER WHERE SOMEONE ELSE HAS PLANTED.
26. THEN I TRUST GOD FOR THE INCREASE.
27. I MIGHT NOT BE THE ONE TO PRAY THEM THROUGH,
BUT, I BELIEVE SOMEONE WILL.
28. HE’S LORD OF HIS HARVEST.
29. AND WHEN YOU PRAY FOR LABORERS TO BE SENT INTO THE FIELDS,
DON’T BE SURPRISED
AND DON’T BE SCARED WHEN HE SENDS YOU.
30. JUST GO FORTH IN JESUS NAME.
PSALM 106:8 Nevertheless He saved them for His name’s sake,
That He might make His mighty power known.
31. EXPECT A HARVEST.
III. THE THIRD THING TO EXPECT IS, EVERYDAY EXPECT JESUS TO RAPTURE US.
1. FOR 2,000 YEARS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AND EXPECTING JESUS TO COME AND TAKE US TO HEAVEN.
2. BUT, HE HASN’T.
3. THAT DOESN’T NEGATE THE PROMISE THAT HE IS COMING TO TAKE US TO WHERE HE IS.
4. MY MOM’S FRIEND’S HUSBAND DIED A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO.
5. AND MY MOM SAID TO HER, “I DON’T THINK IT’S LONG TILL JESUS COMES TO GET US AND YOU’LL GET TO SEE HIM AGAIN.”
TO WHICH SHE REPLIED, “OH GLENDA. THEY’VE SAID THAT FOR MANY YEARS AND HE HASN’T CAME YET.”
6. I THESSALONIANS 5:1-8 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
7. WHEN IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN?
8. I DON’T KNOW.
9. BECAUSE HE’S COMING WHEN THE WORLD LEAST EXPECTS IT.
10. BUT, IF I’M LOOKING FOR HIS RETURN, THEN I’M GOING TO LIVE SOBERLY,
11. AND IF I’M LIVING SOBERLY,
THEN I’M GONNA WALK IN THE LIGHT BECAUSE HE IS THE LIGHT.
12. AND IF I’M IN HIM,
THEN WHEN THE TRUMPET OF GOD SOUNDS, I’M GOING UP!
13. THE RAPTURE WILL NOT CATCH US BY SURPRISE,
OR CATCH US UNAWARE IF WE ARE LOOKING FOR HIM EVERYDAY.
WE’RE NOT IN DARKNESS THAT THAT DAY SHOULD OVERTAKE US AS A THIEF.
14. YOU’VE GOT TO LIVE WITH THAT EXPECTANCY.
15. I JOHN 3:1-3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
16. IF YOU HAVE THE HOPE OF THE RAPTURE, YOU WILL NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BECOME DEFILED AND TAINTED BY SIN.
17. DO YOU HAVE THAT HOPE THAT AT ANY MOMENT,
THE LORD HIMSELF WILL DESCEND FROM HEAVEN WITH A SHOUT,
THE TRUMP OF GOD IS GOING TO SOUND,
THE EASTERN SKY IS GOING TO SPLIT,
JESUS WILL STEP OUT ON THE CLOUDS,
THE DEAD AND CHRIST WILL RISE FIRST,
WHEN THEY GET TO GROUND LEVEL
WE WHICH ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN SHALL BE CAUGHT UP IN THE CLOUDS TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR AND SO SHALL WE EVER BE WITH THE LORD?
18. IF THAT ISN’T YOUR HOPE THEN YOU ARE - IN YOUR CURRENT STATE - HOPELESS.
19. YOU ARE LOST.
20. YOU ARE STILL IN YOUR SINS.
21. BUT, THE GOOD NEWS IS,
JESUS CAME TO SEEK AND SAVE THE LOST.
TITUS 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
22. IT’S OUR HOPE TO ONE DAY GET OUT OF HERE.
23. SOME SAY, IT’S ESCAPISM THEOLOGY.
24. THAT’S ALRIGHT.
25. I DON’T CARE WHAT THE DEAD SEMINARIES CALL IT.
26. HE’S COMING FOR THOSE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR HIM TO RETURN
AND TAKE US HOME.
27. THEN WHEN TRIBULATION BEGINS THOSE SEMINARIANS WILL BE LOOKING FOR A WAY OF ESCAPE.
I TIMOTHY 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
28. IF HE DOESN’T COME TODAY,
LOOK FOR HIM TOMORROW.
IF HE DOESN’T COME TOMORROW,
LOOK FOR HIM THE NEXT DAY.
MORNING, NIGHT OR NOON, HE’S COMING.
SHOULD HE TARRY,
YOU CAN EXPECT THE WORLD TO HATE US MORE.
BUT, BE OF GOOD CHEER, JESUS HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD.
BUT, YOU CAN ALSO EXPECT THE CHURCH TO WIN A HARVEST.
AND GOD TO SEE US THROUGH IT ALL AS WE TRUST IN HIM WITH ALL OF OUR HEART.
AND WE KNOW THAT ONE DAY IN A MOMENT,
IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE,
THIS MORTAL WILL PUT ON IMMORTAL.
THIS CORRUPTIBLE WILL PUT ON INCORRUPTION.
AND WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM FOR WE SHALL SEE HIM AS HE IS.