“AMERICAN MUST WAKE UP”
The prophet Jeremiah delivered this great admonition to Israel:
“This is what the Lord says: Whenever you hear a statement like this you need to perk up and pay attention.
‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.’ But you said, ‘ We will not walk in it.’ I appointed watchmen over you and said, ‘Listen to the sound of the trumpet!’ But you said, ‘We will not listen.’ Therefore hear, O nations; observe, O witnesses, what will happen to them. Hear O earth: I am bringing disaster on this people, the fruit of their schemes, because they have not listened to my words and have rejected my law.” (Jer. 6:16-19)
When Jeremiah wrote these word words it was about 626 BC –about 20 years from the initial attack from Babylon on Jerusalem. If Jerusalem did not heed the message of Jeremiah certain destruction will befall Jerusalem.
In hind site, we know what happened. Jerusalem was leveled. The gates were torn down, home were destroyed, women would become widowed, children would be taken from parents, and the people would be taken as slaves and prisoners.
If only Jerusalem would have listened to the words of Jeremiah some 20 – 40 years earlier. They had the ability to change their course of pending destruction.
Jerusalem was at a fork in the road. They had been presented the truth of their pending doom and they had a decision to make.
• Their situation was bleak. Jeremiah told them that they had forsaken God, that they were adulterers, and that their children had thronged to houses of prostitution.
• He rebuked them for being so far gone in their character that they did not even know how to blush.
• He told them, furthermore, that their preachers proclaimed lies, that their leadership was a ungodly, but the people accepted it. .
• Amazingly, Jeremiah told them, that if just one righteous man could be found in Jerusalem, God said he would forgive the city and save it from destruction.
THE BABYLON CAPTIVITY FORTOLD
Jeremiah, then, addresses and warns Jerusalem about the impending attack from the powerful and ruthless army and emenyfrom the north- Babylon.
In just a few years if Jerusalem does not repent, Babylon would attack and the result would be total devastation of the city which was still 20 plus years away.
However, at the time of Jeremiah’s admonition, there still was time for the people to turn to God and avoid disaster. Their future was not set. Their future was still in their own hands.
So, Jeremiah told them they had come to the crossroads and that they needed to ask for the old paths and walk in them.
• If they listened to Jeremiah with a penitent heart, , they surely would find peace for their souls.
• So, what happened? History tells us the people and their leaders would have none of it.
• With doom standing right in front of them, knocking at their door, Jerusalem was unrepentant and ran head long into their own destruction.
America is at a fork in the road:
People, this is not only a history listen to be learned about the captivity of Jerusalem, this is a stern—stark message for America.
This is not a political speech. This is a sobering, somber, sad, situation that we as Americans facing today.
• In my few shorts years of living on this earth, never before until now have I witnessed the future or our nation on the brink of a demoralizing, spiritual declining, financially bankrupt Nation.
The word of God says in Proverbs 14:34 that righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR COUNTRY IN 2012:
WELCFARE SYSTEM: NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- More than one in seven Americans are on food stamps, but the federal government wants even more people to sign up for the safety net program. America must wake up!
U.S. NATIONAL DEBT
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 29 Aug 2012 at 03:19:56 is:
The estimated population of the United States is 313,407,236
so each citizen's share of this debt is $50,994.06.
The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.88 billion per day since September 28, 2007!
American must wake up!
ABORTION: It has been estimated that 3,000 are aborted daily. If you multiply that by the number of years that aborion has been legal,. The Alan Gutmacher Institute, a leading proponent of abortion on demand, claims that there have been more than 50 million abortions in the U.S. since Roe Vs. Wade.
UNEMPLOYMENT: The official unemployment rate is 8.2% National average. But please note that number excludes millions who have either dropped out of the labor force altogether, or can’t find full-time work. A broader measure which accounts for these numbers, is at 14.5%.
Some 22 million Americans are unemployed that includes people who are working part-time because they can't find full-time work as well as the unemployed.
America is at the crossroads today.
People we are in a time in our country where there is no room for white washed rhetoric. You are either going to come to a place where you stand for something and be counted or you are going to go with the crowd that stands for about anything that God detests.
Its time that you either stand up as a true Christian or you might as well not stand up for anything at all!
Back in the day of Jeremiah, He stood up, stood in the cap and called the nation back to God.
Today we need God’s men and women to stand up and call American back to God.
Jeremiah told Israel, you need to stand at the crossroads and “ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.”
I believe when The prophet uttered these words, there was still hope for Israel I believe there is hope for the United States of America.
Preachers must mount the pulpit and tell our country to Stand at the cross roads and ask for the ancient paths and walk in them. And you will find rest for your souls!
Good people we can go one way or the other.
Let me show you something: You won’t believe this
Jeremiah 5: 1 Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider, search through her squares. If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city.
• Isn’t that the most desperate pitiful thing you have ever heard? That is Amazing. That God is looking for one righteous man and He will spare the city.
• Could it be that our nation is getting that desperate?
Lets see what God finds in Israel in looking for the one righteous soul.
LEADERS: Jeremiah 5:5 So I will go to the leaders and speak to them;
surely they know the way of the LORD, the requirements of their God.”
But with one accord they too had broken off the yoke and torn off the bonds
FAMILIES Jeremiah 5: 7 Why should I forgive you? Your children have forsaken me and sworn by gods that are not gods.I supplied all their needs, yet they committed adultery and thronged to the houses of prostitutes.
They are well-fed, lusty stallions, each neighing for another man’s wife.9 Should I not punish them for this?” declares the LORD. “Should I not avenge myself Doesn’t this sound like your morning news paper?
INPENDING JUDBMENT Jeremiah 5:15 People of Israel,” declares the LORD, “I am bringing a distant nation against you—an ancient and enduring nation, a people whose language you do not know, whose speech you do not understand. Their quivers are like an open grave; all of them are mighty warriors. They will devour your harvests and food devour your sons and daughters; they will devour your flocks and herds, devour your vines and fig trees. With the sword they will destroy the fortified cities in which you trust
DID ISRAEL LISTEN TO GOD’S WARNING?
Jeremiah 6:10 To whom can I speak and give warning? Who will listen to me? Their ears are closed[ so they cannot hear. The word of the LORD is offensive to them; they find no pleasure in it.
Jeremiah 6:22 Look, an army is coming from the land of the north a great nation is being stirred up from the ends of the earth.23 They are armed with bow and spear; they are cruel and show no mercy. They sound like the roaring sea as they ride on their horses; they come like men in battle formation to attack you, Daughter Zion.
Look at the condition and the corruption of America:
• Our television sets and movie screens and radio stations are running over with filth, profanity and violence.
• Moreover, there is the revelation of one banking scandal after another, CEO’s being caught in bribery and theft. The libour
• banking scandal where many banks involved in manipulating the interest rate of money.
The catastrophe and atrocity at Penn State, where you have a horrific sexual abuser of children and then a cover up for over 10 years by seemingly well respected collegiate men.
The Colorado massacre and the alarming increase of violence and mass murder.
Burglary and identity theft are constantly lurking in shadows.
But, then, the morality of our country sank to a new low when some of our highest elected officials came out and declared their support for new laws to legalize same sex marriage.
And then, there is the news of a respected CEO and President of a large company called Chic’fil A who, while being interviewed, made a mistake in an interview and he used the “B” word.
Yes, he was asked about his views on family and he used the “B” word and it got him in trouble
He merely stated that he believed in the biblical view of marriage and that his company tried to support Christian values.
He was not slick as a politician who states they believe in the traditional view of marriage –No he had to be audacious and say he believed in the Biblical view of marriage.
Then he made another huge blunder. He used the “C” word. He said out company believes in Christian Values.
• He did not criticize anyone or any group. He simply shared his beliefs.
You would have thought some one had just set off a bomb in down town NY.
The response was absolutely shocking. Activist groups, who loudly demand their right to free speech, suddenly decided that this man had no such right.
• They called him a bigot and a hater. They organized protests at some of their stores and conceived of ways to embarrass and hinder their business.
• Some Homosexual activists descended on some of the restaurants and protested and dressed up like Chickens and had a kiss parade in front of the establishment.
• Still further, we were stunned even more when the mayors of some of the greatest cities in America issued public statements saying that his company would no longer be welcome to do business in their communities due to his biblical views.
And if that were not enough, then, we heard that an activist group found that his company contributed to a charitable organization which operates Christian summer youth camps and provides foster care for up to 1,400 homeless children.
• But, the activist group accused these good works as merely “fronts” for teaching children to hate homosexuals.
Did you ever think you would live to see such a day as this?
But this is not happening in some far away country ruled by pagans or atheists or Nazis or communists. It’s going on right here in America. Truly, America is at the crossroads.
America and the sleeping churches of America need a revival. I have not come to simply preach gloom and doom. I have come to be a voice of revival.
Hear The word of God, “Righteousness exalts a nation.” (Pro. 14:34).
The restoration of America does not rest in better economics, or smarter politicians, or a great military presence -----rather it is getting back to restoring God’s principles of Righteousness in the hearts and lives of the people of America. And it begins at the church house.
A national disaster calls for a national plan of redemption. This is our only hope. The Lord gave us a plan for such a time as this.
After Solomon had finished the temple of the Lord, God appeared to him at night and said, “I have heard your prayer and chosen this place for myself as a temple for sacrifices.
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear for heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chron. 7:14)
God gives us a five point plan for Restoration:
1. IF MY PEOPLE, WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME. . .
• This is a job for God’s men, God’s women.
• This is not something the pagan or the atheist or the unbeliever can affect.
• He promises to work when His people, who are called by His name, are engaged.
2. HUMBLE THEMSELVES. . .
• It’s time to stop acting as if everything is okay. The alert has gone out. The alarm has been sounded. We can turn our heads away no longer.
• It’s time for sack cloth and ashes. It’s time to kneel before the throne of grace.
3. PRAY. .
• Saving America is going to require divine intervention. It is beyond our ability or strength or knowledge.
• It’s going to take God’s involvement. The apostle Paul adds that we should pray for our leaders and for all who are in authority.
• Pray specifically, we are asking God to change their minds on this marriage matter. They both say they are Christians. We’ve seen them in church. Isn’t there a chance for these men to see God’s Word and realize they are wrong?
• In addition, we should write two letters, one to each, and respectfully asking them to change their position and be guided by the Bible.
4. SEEK HIS FACE. . .
• The good will and favor of the Lord is what we must have.
• His power and loving kindness can make this happen. We are invited to return to God and nothing less.
5. TURN FROM OUR WICKED WAYS. . .
• As we pray for revival, we must recognize that the whole process begins with us. “Let it begin with me” should be our motto.
• The true disciples of Christ must lead this return to God through both prayer and personal repentance.
• Eating at a chicken restaurant may make a statement. But, we’re not interested in making statements. The stakes are much too high for that. Ridding ourselves of our own sin and wickedness is the great necessity.
The future is not set. There is still hope. David wrote, “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.” (Ps 33.12).
Time is of the essence. This can’t wait until November or until 2013. A national disaster is at hand. A national plan for redemption is in place. Now, it’s in our hands to follow through.