26 ‘You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to bow down to it; for I am the Lord your God.
14 ‘But if you do not obey Me, and do not observe all these commandments, 15 and if you despise My statutes, or if your soul abhors My judgments, so that you do not perform all My commandments, but break My covenant, 16 I also will do this to you:
I will even appoint terror over you, wasting disease and fever which shall consume the eyes and cause sorrow of heart.
And you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
17 I will set My face against you, and you shall be defeated by your enemies. Those who hate you shall reign over you, and you shall flee when no one pursues you. 18 ‘And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
19 I will break the pride of your power; I will make your heavens like iron and your earth like bronze.
20 And your strength shall be spent in vain; for your land shall not yield its produce, nor shall the trees of the land yield their fruit.
One of the worst situations a human can experience is what we call iron heavens and brass earth. God is always particular about the consequences of idol worship.
Someone with an iron heaven experiences absolutely no blessings. Imagine you plant a crop and then there is no rain. In a little while the crop will die.
Imagine you throw a seed on a bronze plate. It can never grow because it has no means for the roots to take hold of the earth for nutrients to nourish it.
That is the way iron heavens and brass earth situations manifest.
But they mostly occur when we have been disobedient to the Lord. The consequences of disobedience you do not even want to fathom with God.
Our idols as we know need not be carved images, but they could be carved images in our heart. These are the most difficult ones to remove, because they are engraved in our hearts spiritually and are difficult to remove.
If anyone of us is being disobedient we need to address it quickly and get it over with as soon as possible so that the pain inflicted can be removed. Slow to anger quick to forgive God.
Iron and brass in the spirit are equivalent to famine, dryness and drought. It is this dry and arid land that the devil normally rules. The Bible says, “When an unclean spirit has left a man, it roams around in dry places, i.e. in the lives of those that the heavens have closed. That is what the Bible means by dry places. When the heavens are closed over the head of a person, there would be traffic of demons in the life of that person. So, the questions that are pertinent to ask are: “Are your heavens open or closed? Are you really concerned about your life, progress, calling and destiny?”
HOW TO DESTROY BRASS IN THE HEAVENS
1. Repent from any sin that has closed the heavens against you: This is the first thing to do. Disobedience and sin will close the heavens.
2. Pray brass-shattering prayers: There are some prayers that will do that for you and there are some prayers that cannot do it.
3. Engage in sacrificial giving: Give to God in a way that you will feel that you have given something. You should give to God sacrificially, generously, unselfishly, cheerfully and without grudge. You should give proportionately, you should give at every opportunity that God asks you to give. You give without open show. The Bible says, “If you bring your tithes to my house, I will open the windows of heaven.” What the Bible is telling you is that, if you do not bring it those windows shall be closed and devourers shall be released.
4. Long sessions of praises: Take time to learn worship songs. Take time to learn hymns in the hymn books. Spend quality time praising God. Sometimes don’t even pray at all, just praise Him. Long sessions of praises break the heavenlies open.
5. Destroy ancestral covenants and altars: Please, pray like this: “Every ancestral altar of destiny destruction, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
6. Drop all languages of closed heavens, that is, negative pronouncements: The languages of closed heavens are for example, “I don’t care if I don’t marry, I will continue to enjoy my life.” When you say that what is going to happen, must happen and that there is nothing anybody can do about it, you are speaking the language of closed heavens. The languages of closed heavens include, “Eh, I’ve prayed and prayed and fasted and nothing has happened. Everything is upside down.” Drop such statements for you are making yourself a failure. Nobody can make you a failure unless you permit the person to do so. A person can stand in front of you and abuse you from morning till night, but if you make up your mind inside that you will not allow their negative statements to manifest in you it will not happen.
7. There are also those who you have angered or in their perception you have wronged and they have decided that you will not be free of the situation. These kind of people or powers will use the mistake you made or any lawful or legal hold on you to shut off or block blessings. Thankfully we have Isaiah 49:24. Even the lawful captive shall be set free. Even the prey of the mighty shall be delivered, that is even those that have serious influence or access to spiritual wickedness we can set be free from them.
Numbers 14:18 'The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.'
Verses 15-38 of Leviticus 26 shows us the consequences of disobedience to God and they are many.
But 4-12 show you the rewards of obedience. We are going to use those rewards to pray right now;
1. vs4 then I will give you rain in its season, the land shall yield its produce, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. O lord give me rain in my season and let the trees of my life yield their fruit in Jesus’ name.
2. vs5 Your threshing shall last till the time of vintage, and the vintage shall last till the time of sowing; the time of vintage is the time of gathering grapes and making wine. O Lord let there be no break in my blessings. Let my blessings be continuous in Jesus name. Amen
3. you shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely. O Lord let me eat my bread to the full and dwell in my land safely in Jesus’ name.
4. vs6 I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none will make you afraid; O Lord give peace in my land and remove every evil attack from my dreams when I sleep in Jesus’ name.
5. I will rid the land of evil beasts, and the sword will not go through your land. O Lord rid my dwelling place of demons and demonic attacks and neutralize every spiritual weapon in my environment in Jesus’ name.
6. vs7 You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. O Lord, empower me to pursue and destroy the enemies of my destiny in Jesus’ name.
7. vs8 Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you. Father release your flaming sword to pursue and destroy all the enemies of my household in Jesus name. Amen
8. vs9 ‘For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. O Lord look favorably upon me, make me fruitful, multiply me and confirm your covenants with Abraham and any with me by your power in Jesus’ name.
9. vs10 You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new. O Lord, let me eat of both the old and the new harvests continually in Jesus’ name.
10. vs11 I will set My tabernacle among you, and My soul shall not abhor you. O Lord make my home your dwelling place and make my household altar to be alive to you in Jesus name. Amen
11. 12 I will walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people. O Lord be the God of my household in Jesus’ name.
• Lord, let me not spend my strength in vain.
• Lord, melt every iron heaven and brass earth in Jesus’ name.
• Lord, let me not sow my seed in vain in Jesus’ name.
• Lord, by your mercy, remove every terror appointed over me in Jesus’ name.
12. My heavens, open by fire, in the name of Jesus.
13. You my enemies, you shall not prevail, in the name of Jesus.
14. God, arise in my life and let the world know that you are my God, in the name of Jesus.
15. My hidden riches, be revealed and be released, in the name of Jesus. Windows of heavens, open unto my life, in the name of Jesus.
16. Satanic brass or iron working against me, shatter, in the name of Jesus.
17. Sun, moon and stars, refuse to co-operate with my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
18. Every power that has been assigned to sit on my breakthrough, die, in the name of Jesus.
19. Every Pharaoh from my home town, sink in the Red Sea, in the name of Jesus.