• Share personal stories about the manifested presence of God.
• There are four kinds of churches today:
1. Personality Driven
2. Program Driven
3. Purpose Driven
4. Presence Driven
• I have found that the most effective for me is to be “Presence Driven”. I’m not seeking a crowd, I’m trying to introduce people to Jesus and help them become His disciples.
I. WE NEED THE MANIFESTATION OF GOD’S PRESENCE IN OUR LIVES EVERYDAY.
A. Moses would not even move without the presence of God.
1. Moses used to cast the “tent of meeting” outside of the camp of Israel. When he went to this tent the pillar of cloud would descend and the people would stand in the doors of their tents and worship.
2. God was upset because of the carnality of the nation so He told Moses to lead them into the promised land but He would no longer accompany them because they were “stiff-necked but Moses interceded on behalf of the nation.
B. Read Exodus 33:12-17
1. God wants to pour out revival and manifest His glory in the earth.
2. Repentance, Consecration & Prayer procede revival.
3. Revival is a reawakening and a reaffirmation of our faith. It is the recognition that we need the MANIFESTED PRESENCE OF GOD active in our everyday life.
C. The “PRESENCE of GOD” affects every area of my life!
1. If I’m going to be “POWERFUL” for God I have to have “HIS PRESENCE MANIFESTING!”
2. If I’m going to “PRODUCTIVE” for God I have to have “HIS PRESENCE MANIFESTING!”
3. If I’m going to be “PLEASING” to God I have to have “HIS PRESENCE MANIFESTING!”
II. THE PREEMINENCE OF GOD’S PRESENCE
• Definition of preeminence : the quality or state of being preeminent: Superiority
A. Moses understood the Importance of God’s Presence.
1. Exodus 6:2-3 says...“God spoke further to Moses and said to him, I am the Lord; and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but by My name, (LORD), I did not make Myself known to them.”
a) God advanced His relationship with Moses beyond that which He had with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. (He did not make Himself known to them like He did Moses)
b) God has continued to advance the revelation of Himself to mankind throughout the years. (Prophet, Priest, King…)
B. Moses learned quickly the importance of the “PRESENCE of GOD!” Moses knew he had a purpose but he realized that the “PURPOSE” had to take second place to the “PRESENCE of GOD!” For without the “PRESENCE” the “PURPOSE” serves little.
1. There are Christians sitting in churches across the world right this minute who know the Bible, they even know the “PURPOSE OF GOD” but they don’t know the “PRESENCE OF GOD!”
2. His Presence will guide and direct you into greener pastures and to living waters.
3. Salvation, Deliverance, Supernatural Comfort, Spirit Led Understanding all comes from the active presence of God in our lives.
C. Back to our introduction.
1. Having a great personality is advantageous for the Kingdom. (If a man has friend's he must show himself friendly) However, PERSONALITY CANNOT REPLACE PRESENCE!
2. Programs are useful in any ministry but they should never replace the PRESENCE of God.
3. We all need to know our purpose but that purpose must never replace the PRESENCE of God.
III. THE PURPOSE OF GOD’S PRESENCE
A. The “PRESENCE OF GOD” will Guide us through life!
“For this God is our God for ever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death.”
B. The “PRESENCE OF GOD” will be our Salvation in the midst of battle!
2 Chronicles 20:17
“You will not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you.”
C. The “PRESENCE OF GOD” will Comfort us in times of tribulation enabling us to comfort others as well with that same comfort!
I Corinthians 1:3-4
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all COMFORT, who comforts us in our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”