Matthew 28:16-20 “The Great Commission” Jesus tells us How to walk the way Faith.
1. Jesus’s Final Words To His Disciples
• Verse 16 Tells us that the Disciples went to Galilee, where Jesus directed them to go.
• Verse 17 says some doubted the resurrection story, some worshipped him.
• In Verses 18-20 Matthew recounts Jesus final words to The Disciples, He says, “All authority is given me in Heaven and on Earth”
• He Gives Authority to The Disciples, There power given the followers
2. Jesus’s Final Commission “You are to Go” verse 19, “Therefore Go”
• Go Where I send you (Go Proclaim, Go Announce, Go be a Herald)
• Jesus tells a man who wanted to Follow Him, , a man said to him, "I will follow you “58Jesus said, "Foxes have holes and birds have nests, but I have no place to lay his head." Still you are to Go
• 59He said "Follow me." But the man replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father." 60Jesus said , "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."
• 61Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family."
• 62Jesus said, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
• Jesus said Go, for the harvest is plentiful but workers are few”
• Go is a command to Action: You cannot follow Jesus and stay where you are. It’s not possible, going requires movement in the direction we are sent.
3. Jesus’s Final Words are Not only GO, But to Make
• They are to Make Disciples Followers, Believers, supporters is our conversations ever about making Disciples or are they something else.
• We Make Disciples by making straight paths for him, we Live Upright, Live Hopeful, Live Life to God fullest or Fullness of God, Live the Bible, Live the Word, Live Justly, Live for Jesus.
4. Jesus final Words not only GO, Make, but also Baptize them.
• Immerse People in The Name of the Father Yahweh, Jehovah, The Word, God
• Immerse People in the Name of the Son Immerse people in the Christ , The Anointed One
• Immerse People in the Name of the HOLY SPIRIT, Triune God, Helper, Aide,
5. Jesus’s Final Words Go, Make, Baptize, and Teach teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
• The following is some of Jesus Commands recorded in NT .
• Teach yourselves to Repent, Do Not Be Troubled, Follow Me, Rejoice, Let your light shine, Love your enemies.
• Jesus says, My Final words, Lay up treasure in Heaven, Seek First the Kingdom of God,
• Jesus said, “ Ask, Seek, Knock, walk the narrow way, make church a house of prayer, Pray
• Jesus said, “Bring in the poor, Render unto Ceaser, Be born again, await my return, watch and pray, feed my sheep
• Black Live matters all lives matters Let the church Breath, let God breath on the church don’t put a knee on the church to choke it. Black People matter, white People matter, Native Americans Matter, God Matters, Church Matters.
• Jesus gives us the Commission to Go, Make, Baptize, and Teach. Not just some but all Nations