Series: Renew 2021
Thesis: We need to be renewed by connecting or re-connecting with the Lord this year in 2021. To do this requires a renewed mind, a renewed soul and a renewed passion for Jesus.
Key theme Scriptures Verse for the year:
“Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” - Isaiah 40:30-31
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” - Romans 12:2
“Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.” - 2 Corinthians 4:16
2 Chronicles 7:14: “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
1 Corinthians 3:16, 17: 16Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? 17If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.”
Our theme for 2021 is Re-new we accomplish this by:
1. Renewing the mind
2. Refreshing the soul
3. Reigniting a passion for Jesus
When we decide to go after these (RE’s) another (RE) occurs – the word is revival – what is a revival? – it’s an extraordinary event moved by the power of the Holy Spirit to get people to repent and come to the Lord. It takes place within the church, within individuals lives, family lives and within the community. Revival is a great spiritual awakening and will change people, families, churches and communities – it’s a divine move of God:
Orr opens his book “The Second Evangelical Awakening” speaking about revival and great historical spiritual awakenings and makes this observation, “In the middle of the nineteenth century, religious life in the United States of America was in decline. There were many reasons for the decline, political and social as well as religious. Political strife provoked tremendous interest everywhere. The slavery question was of paramount importance, and men’s passions and energies were being diverted into the channels of contention on either side of the controversy.”
The populace pursued money, wealth and greed and left God in the dust but then all that changed with the economy crashing!
Orr adds this quote from a religious leader’s observation of the people in that day: “Bishop Candler added his word: ‘And now that the wheels of industry stood still, and the noisy cries of greed were hushed, men stopped to hear the voice of the Spirit calling them to repentance. And they heeded the call.”
But this was the scenario in which God decided to move upon a nation which had drifted from Him! Sound familiar?
Orr notes what happened when God moved: “The work (the spiritual awakening) is taking within its range persons of all classes. Men of low degree, and men of high estate for wealth and position; old men and maidens, and even little children, are seen humbly kneeling together pleading for grace. The mayor of the city, with other persons of like position, are not ashamed to be seen bowed at the altar of prayer beside the humble servant...”
The other significant move of revival in the Second Great Awakening was it came from the laity not the pastors. It is somewhat significant that Hamilton’s “gust of Divine power” reportedly sweeping throughout the entire community “took its rise in the rise of the laity” and was entirely spontaneous. This rise to leadership on the part of the laymen became typical of the great movement that followed.”
He notes, “Spiritual awakenings are exceedingly infectious, and proximity in time and place adds to the stimulation of desire for similar blessing.”
The Revival spread – prayer meeting springing up all over in the middle of the day during the week – people praying for a hour or two.
He adds, “On July 1, 1857, a quiet and zealous business-man named Jeremiah Lanphier took up an appointment as a City Missionary in downtown New York.”
Here is his story, “Burdened by the need, Jeremiah Lanphier decided to invite others to join him in a noonday prayer-meeting, to be held once a week on Wednesdays. He therefore distributed a handbill: “How Often Shall I Pray? “As often as the language of prayer is in my heart; as often as I see my need of help; as often as I feel the power of temptation; as often as I am made sensible of any spiritual declension, or feel the aggression of a worldly, earthly spirit. “In prayer we leave the business of time for that of eternity, and intercourse with men for intercourse with God.”
“Thus, in the first week of October, 1857, it was decided to hold the meeting daily instead of weekly. In the same week, extraordinary revival of religion swept the city of Hamilton in faraway Canada. In the second week of October, the great financial panic of that year reached a crisis and prostrated business everywhere.”
“Within six months, ten thousand business-men were gathering daily for prayer in New York, and within two years, a million converts had been added to the American churches.”
It is noted that at one point in a 2 year period 1857-1858 10,000 people joined churches each week!
Orr also reported how the Press started seeing the spiritual phenomena:
“On February 10, 1858, the New York Daily Tribune gave the movement widespread publicity in an editorial. “The Hour of Prayer “Some two or three years ago, a daily prayer-meeting was started in the lower portion of the city, which met from 12 to 1 o’clock p.m. with a view to giving merchants and merchants’ clerks an opportunity of uniting in acknowledgment of their obligations to Divine grace and mercy. A few months ago, after a long silence, this meeting was revived at the Consistory of the North Dutch Church at the corner of Fulton and William Streets, and has been crowded every day since the commencement of the financial panic.”
He adds, “The American press from coast to coast carried news of the great awakening in the metropolis, and citizens everywhere were challenged by the movement. The showers of blessing had caused a flood in New York, and this flood suddenly burst its bounds and swept over New England, engulfed the Ohio Valley cities and states, rolled over the newly settled West, lapped the edges of the mountains in the South, and covered the United States of America and Canada with Divine favour. The most publicized work of grace was undoubtedly the condition prevailing in the metropolis of New York, but the phenomenon of packed churches and startling conversions was noted everywhere.”
Orr makes another observation of the revival: “The influence of the awakening was felt everywhere in the nation. It first moved the great cities, but it also spread through every town and village and country hamlet. It swamped schools and colleges. It affected all classes without respect to condition. A Divine influence seemed to pervade the land, and men’s hearts were strangely warmed by a Power that was outpoured in unusual ways.”
The above quoted from Orr, J. Edwin. The Second Evangelical Awakening (pp. 10-22). Enduring Word. Kindle Edition.
So, as we hear of what happened in the 2nd Great Awakening – it stirred my heart to believe for revival – the truth is it could happen today again in the United States it started with one man praying.
Sermon 4: Renew 2021
Thesis: The Body of Christ in America needs to be renewed in 2021. They need to follow the example of Ezra and Nehemiah who returned to Jerusalem by the direction of the Lord to rebuild, restore, rejuvenate the Temple, Worship to God and rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. The key reconnect with God in worship and prayer.
Acts 3:19: “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.”
Completion of the Temple 6:13-18
Celebration of Passover 6:19-22
Ezra comes to Jerusalem 7:10-11 Note what it says about Ezra the priest: “10For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the LORD, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel. 11This is a copy of the letter King Artaxerxes had given to Ezra the priest and teacher, a man learned in matters concerning the commands and decrees of the LORD for Israel.”
King Artaxerxes’ Letter to Ezra 7:12-28
The people who returned with Ezra to Jerusalem Ezra 8
Ezra’s Prayer 9 (Ezra modeled repentance and humility before God for the sin of the people)
The people’s confession of sin Ezra 10
T.S. - The book of Ezra reveals how a revival can occur – it’s set in motion by the hand of God and people respond to the call from God to repent, to pray, to worship and to rebuild. These acts of obedience create a connection with God. We see the same pattern throughout the history of revival in the world and from revivals spoken about in the Bible!
I. Who was Ezra? How can a revival break out through one person?
a. Ezra was a devoted student of God’s word and as a result he became a teacher of God’s truth which restored a nation to a right relationship with God.
i. What we need to look for in Ezra is God's message. "Ezra reveals God as the power behind earthly events, moving even pagan kings according to His purposes.”
1. Ezra’s reveals how God can move the heart of a secular King or leader to cause a revival!
ii. Ezra’s reputation revealed he was man who thirsted after God’s presence, His holiness and looked for the insights from god so he could pass them on to others.
1. The writer, or should I say compiler of Ezra makes distinct statements which paints for us Ezra's reputation of having God’s hand on him.
a. Ezra 7:6: "This Ezra came up from Babylon. He was a teacher well versed in the Law of Moses, which the Lord, the God of Israel, had given. The king had granted him everything he asked for, the hand of the Lord, His God, was on him."
i. Would a secular ruler say the hand of God is on you?
2. Ezra’s reputation – “God’s Hand was on him!” Wow! - You might be thinking, “How did Ezra get to the point where he earned the reputation of having God’s hand on him? What in his life pointed to this observation about him?
a. He was known to really study God’s Word – But more so he was faithful to God’s Word!
b. Ezra was a priest who had the reputation of trusting GOD WITH HIS WHOLE HEART, MIND, SOUL, AND BODY this is why God’s hand was on him.
c. Ezra was a man of prayer!
d. Ezra called sin – sin!
e. Ezra humbled himself before God and was willing to repent!
3. Ezra’s reputation was not just known in the Israelite community but it was acknowledged in the secular community as well.
a. Ezra 7: 11-12: 11 This is a copy of the letter King Artaxerxes had given to Ezra the priest and teacher, a man learned in matters concerning the commands and decrees of the LORD for Israel: 12 Artaxerxes, king of kings, To Ezra the priest, a teacher of the Law of the God of heaven: Greetings.
b. Just this little bit of insight into our hero of the faith Ezra gives us a lot of spiritual direction on how to be a revival maker and promoter.
i. Do you want revival? Do you want to see our culture transformed? Our nation restored to it’s biblical roots? Then do as Ezra did:
1. Study God’s Word
2. Repent of sin
3. Pray for renewal
4. Humble yourself
5. Call sin – sin
6. Lead a spiritual awakening through your own life.
7. Love God more than sin!
T.S. – We have learned a little about Ezra and his character and commitment to God. He was a priest who called for renewal among the returning Israelites who had fallen into sin by compromising the Word of truth with lies and marrying foreign women who practiced detestable religious practices like sexual immorality, child sacrifice, prostitution worship, and other sins. He knew for personal renewal to happen and for God to bless the nation of Israel required repentance and a turning from their sin.
II. Why do we need to focus on individual spiritual renewal?
a. One reason to see a revival break out in our nation!
b. Reason number two - I believe the Lord is calling us to a spiritual renewal movement today because of the signs of the times.
i. Why revival - because we could be in the end times – no, really many believe we are in the end of times as we know it!
1. With that reality we need to be ready to meet Jesus at any point – the Rapture could happen at anytime – or more likely you could die in a accident tomorrow or some other illness take your life.
a. The question is: “Are you ready to meet Jesus face to face?”
ii. Is your temple renewed – restored and ready to meet Jesus face to face?
1. Have you restored your inner temple?
2. Have you remodeled it for God’s presence – cleaned it out so it is holy?
3. Have you recommitted to Jesus with a Covenant Contract?
iii. The most frequent question I have been asked a lately is, “Are we in the end times?”
1. This is a good question considering the condition of the world today.
a. One author replied this way to this question, “The term Last Days actually has a dual application, referring first to the time period following the death and resurrection of Yeshua (Jesus), and second to the days immediately preceding His return.” From https://www.jewishvoice.org/read/article/signs-times
b. So, do you want my answer? I said last week I believe we are!
2. Recent Poll I read: 90% of spirit filled pastors according to a poll I read recently said they think we are in the end times – they site how there are many fulfilled prophecies to date and the climate is right – more than ever before in church history and biblical history:
a. I agree we are but a word of caution – but we do not know for sure the day or hour only God the Father knows when these things will be set in motion.
iv. There is more to the story of the Jewish Temple which is a central theme in end time prophecy:
1. The 3rd temple prophesied in the Bible will be rebuilt right before the end times and the Great Tribulation period. Jesus will return a second time to the earth after it is completed and the antichrist will set himself up in the temple as God. He will be demanded to be worshipped as God.
a. See Ezekiel, Daniel, and Revelation.
b. See the Left Behind series – there are many good books also written on the subject.
2. But today there is an active Temple Institute in Israel which is preparing for the rebuilding of the 3rd Temple in Jerusalem:
a. They have assembled the material to re-build the temple and have created the necessary equipment (dishes, utensils, furniture, décor, musical instruments) to place and be used in the temple for the practice of offering up sacrifices again. They have been training people to be priests in the temple, teaching them how to do the OT services and training Levites on how to take care of the temple.
i. Something is about to happen in my view and from my research.
b. Are they building it soon? Not sure conflicting reports say they are, but according to some Jewish tradition a Mosque is in the way – so we will have to see!
i. But others say the Mosque is not in the way and there are other sites which mark the spot of the other temples. They make a good biblical and archaeological case for each site.
ii. See talk by Hillel Richman – The true location! https://templeinstitute.org/?gclid=CjwKCAiAo5qABhBdEiwAOtGmbkTB93ltqp4DipZ-YRcEEkd84m-yeeuGdyxy1KH1xAWkHxswS_7lUxoC5aIQAvD_BwE
1. This group says there no evidence of the Temple in the city of David as we have looked for it for 160 years archaeologically!
2. But Biblical evidence points to it being north of the city of David in the south western section of the temple mount of today see map.
3. Historical evidence does not support the temple being in the city of David but just outside it and not where the Mosque temple sits today.
a. Also see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTSCQgZirts
4. There are also other theories proposing 4 different places it could have been located - see slide.
5. There is evidence pointing to the southern western section known as current Temple Mount to be the real site of temple – which is north of the City of David – see map.
c. But one of the clearest signs pointing to the end time and the call to be renewed is the formation of the nation of Israel itself in 1948 which I highlighted last week: (let me recap)
i. The following is directly quoted from https://www.jewishvoice.org/read/article/signs-times
1. When we are looking at the words of Jesus they note: “Looking at Luke 21, one can clearly see this principle: “And while some were talking about the Temple, how it was decorated with beautiful stones and offerings, Yeshua said, ‘As for these things you are looking at, the days will come when not one stone will be left upon another. Every one will be torn down!’” (Luke 21:5-6).
a. History report: The truth is the 2nd Temple (built by Zerubbabel and spoken of in Ezra) was destroyed and Jerusalem sacked in 70 A.D., fulfilling Jesus words. As you read the history of Israel and Rome and Jesus’ terrible warnings of what is to come, much is applicable to the horrific Roman devastation that occurred at that time in 70 Ad.
i. However, verse 24b Jesus added, “Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled,”
1. This was not fulfilled until 1967 with the reunification of Jerusalem after the Six-Day War and they took possession of Jerusalem and had complete control of the city.
b. Jesus highlighted more signs of the end times in verses 25-28:
i. “There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars. And upon the earth nations will be confused by the roaring of the sea and its waves. People will lose heart from fear and anticipation of what is overtaking the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, stand straight and lift up your heads, because your salvation is near!”
ii. Other signs from Jesus teachings:
1. Natural disasters such as fire, drought, famine, storms will occur – according to a news report I hear this last year was the most costly period in USa history from natural disasters.
a. The climate change debate and political agenda falls in this category – I know some political people think they can control the weather but the truth is they cannot!
2. Wars and rumors of war
3. Political chaos
4. Mass deception
5. Sexual Immorality all time high
6. Sin called good and good called evil
7. Attack on Christian’s standing for truth
ii. Question you may be thinking: “So what are some signs we are really in the end times as Jesus speaks about here in Luke and other parts of His Gospel teaching - other than the above ones? Well Scripture highlights these signs as well:
1. SIGN 1: A RESTORED ISRAEL AND JEWISH JERUSALEM: A predominant prophetic sign that we are in the “Time of the End” is the re-establishment of Israel, and Jerusalem returning to Jewish sovereignty. These major, and seemingly implausible, events for nearly 2,000 years have to occur before Yeshua’s return. According to the Bible, Yeshua is returning to Israel, and specifically to Jerusalem 4 completed prophecies connected to Israel show these have been fulfilled.
a. History lesson: Israel was rebirthed. . . in a Day – it was a miracle:
i. Jewish voice notes, “After nearly two millennia and a succession of foreign rulers, on May 14, 1948, David Ben Gurion declared the restoration of the Jewish State, Israel, saying, “In order to be a realist, you must believe in miracles.” Isaiah seemed just as incredulous, challenging: “Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a land be born in one day? Can a nation be brought forth at once? For as soon as Zion was in labor, she gave birth to her children” (Isaiah 66:8). We have seen it—in our lifetime!”
1. Have you forgotten about that historic day?
a. It does address a sign of the end times!
b. Jerusalem was restored into Jewish Hands: Yeshua himself declared that “Jerusalem will be trampled by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled” (Luke 21:24).
i. “In June, 1967 Israel won a miraculous victory by defeating vastly superior Arab armies surrounding her in what came to be known as the Six-Day War. The Jewish people took back the city of Jerusalem after almost 2,000 years, fulfilling this important prophecy.”
c. Scripture says that the Desert will bloom and blossom again in Israel: The prophet Isaiah saw a time when “The wilderness and dry land will be glad. The desert will rejoice and blossom like a lily” (Isaiah 35:1).
i. Have you seen the miracle of Jewish agriculture?
1. “It’s almost impossible to believe, but the fledgling State of Israel has developed such revolutionary agricultural methods, that even the sand produces lush crops! In her short time of existence as a modern State, Israel became one of the largest exporters of roses to Europe.”
a. Sound supernatural?
d. The Hebrew Language would be revived: According to the prophet Zephaniah, God would “restore to the people pure speech, so that all of them may call upon the Name of ADONAI and serve Him shoulder to shoulder” (Zephaniah 3:9).
i. “In the late 1800s, Russian immigrant to Israel, Eliezer Ben-Yehudah, revived the ancient Hebrew language, giving the returning exiles of Israel a common language.”
1. The reality is Israel and Jerusalem are back in Jewish hands. The people of Israel scattered throughout the world are returning to their biblical Land and to their God and to their language “Hebrew”.
a. This all points that the time of His return is near - close!
2. SIGN 2: ISRAEL SURROUNDED BY CONFLICT AND THE RISE OF GLOBAL ANTI-SEMITISM
a. Jewish voice notes, “Anti-Semitism has existed since the time that Abraham was set apart by God’s call to be a blessing to the families of the earth. There has never been a time when the Jewish people have not been victimized by Satan’s savage attacks against them. Even today in America, the Anti-Defamation League reports the highest level of anti-Semitism since World War II ADL Global 100- Index of anti-Semitism http://www.adl.org).”
i. Why does the secular world hate Israel? Have you ever thought about that?
1. Jewish voice tells us why, “At its core is Satan fomenting hatred among men against the Children of the God of Israel, generation after generation. He cleverly disguises each campaign with a compelling lie wrapped in a plan designed to rid the world of a perceived ill blamed on the Jews…Yet, the campaign of hatred marches on because the great redemption story is not over. Because the Jewish people and Israel play a major role in Last Days prophecy, Satan is still hard at work opposing God’s plan. The impetus he is using to rally hatred against the Jewish people today is a powerful anti-Israel (and pro-Palestinian) deception, wrapped in false humanitarian claims and causes.”
2. Satan is at work – whether you believe me or not!
b. Key end times lesson we need to understand!
i. Deception is a hallmark of the Last Days according to the people – even some of the elect will be deceived (Matthew 24:11).
1. Is their mass deception today? Especially when it comes to God and His Word?
2. Jewish voice notes: “For the minuscule size of the country, the lack of natural resources, or strategic seaport, one has to question why Israel is always at the center of world controversy—her existence continually hanging in the balance. We see Israel at the epicenter of a boiling cauldron of increasingly violent factions rising up within the vast Arab lands surrounding her. The world has been told, and has almost mindlessly accepted, claims that all unrest in the Middle East is Israel’s fault—that if the Jews would give the Land “back to the Palestinians,” there would be peace in the world, and terrorism would end. Nothing could be further from the truth. The stage is set to draw all nations into a final cataclysmic showdown in the Middle East; the nations may think it is against Israel, but they will find out it is against her God!”
a. “Moreover, in that day I will make Jerusalem a massive stone for all the people. All who try to lift it will be cut to pieces. Nevertheless, all the nations of the earth will be gathered together against her” (Zechariah 12:3).
3. SIGN 3: THE REGATHERING OF THE JEWISH PEOPLE PHYSICALLY BACK TO THE LAND OF ISRAEL FROM THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH
a. Jewish voices notes; “Israel should not exist. She should have disappeared hundreds, or even thousands, of years ago with the rest of the “ites” of the Bible: the Amalekites, the Hittites, the Canaanites, etc. These and all the other great nations mentioned in Scripture, including the mighty Philistines, have vanished, yet Israel remains—against all odds. For two millennia the Land has been overrun by foreign aggressors, and her people scattered to the far reaches of the earth, and threatened with expulsions, persecution, and annihilation.”
i. “Without a homeland until 1948, Israel should have assimilated and ceased to be a recognizable people group. That they did not disappear completely into the cultures in which they settled throughout the world stands as evidence for God’s existence and faithfulness.”
1. “’Therefore, the days are quickly coming,’ declares ADONAI, ‘when it will no longer be said. “As ADONAI lives, who brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.” Rather, “As ADONAI lives, who brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north and from all the lands where He had banished them.” So I will bring them back into their land that I gave to their fathers’” (Jeremiah 16:14-15).
2. It will also come about in that day that my Lord will again redeem— a second time with His hand— the remnant of His people who remain from Assyria, from Egypt, from Pathros, from Cush, Elam, Shinar, Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. He will lift up a banner for the nations, and assemble the dispersed of Israel, and gather the scattered of Judah from the four corners of the earth (Isaiah 11:11-12).
3. Jewish voice notes, “These are the Children of Abraham scattered to Africa, Asia, India, Europe . . . the remote corners of the earth. God is gathering them today, back to Israel—miraculously restored to receive her returning Children: Ethiopian, Chinese, Sephardim, Asian, Russian, and on and on!...This aliyah, or return of the Jews to their biblical homeland, is yet another important sign that the Messiah’s return is approaching.”
4. SIGN 4: THE GOSPEL IS PROCLAIMED TO THE NATIONS
a. “This Good News of the kingdom shall be proclaimed in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come” (Matthew 24:14).
i. Modern technology today has made it possible for the Gospel to be preached to every ethnos—yes, people in the most remote areas of the planet can hear the Gospel today on cell phones, computers, TV. This is yet another important sign that the Last Days are upon us.
ii. Jewish voice says, “Today the Gospel is being preached to ethnos throughout the world…The Gospel is to be preached to the Jew first, and then to the Gentiles. That’s what Paul did, and that’s what we do at Jewish Voice. I believe that every time a Jewish person turns to faith in Yeshua, we move that much closer to Messiah’s return. In fact, Scripture seems to indicate that Jewish people embracing Jesus as Messiah is actually key to His return!”
1. “For I tell you, you will not see me again until you [the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem] say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord’” (Matthew 23:39 NIV).
5. SIGN 5: THE BLINDNESS COMING OFF THE EYES OF THE JEWISH PEOPLE
a. “For I do not want you, brothers and sisters, to be ignorant of this mystery—lest you be wise in your own eyes—that a partial hardening has come upon Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in” (Romans 11:25).
i. Jewish voice notes, “Another astonishing indicator is the phenomena of Jewish people coming to faith in Yeshua all over the world—in numbers not seen since the book of Acts.”
ii. Through the ministry of Jewish Voice alone, they have seen some 55,000 Jewish people respond to the Gospel since 1999!
1. They note, “For more than nineteen centuries, the number of Jews openly professing faith in Yeshua was extremely small, and most were assimilated into the Church. All that changed after 1967. The miraculous return of Jerusalem to the Jewish people sparked a great revival. Often called “The Jesus Movement,” this revival was unique from all previous revivals, as Jews started coming to faith—in significant numbers. The Jesus Movement gave birth to the modern Messianic Movement. Before 1967 there was not a single Messianic Jewish congregation in the world. Today more than 350 Messianic Jewish congregations—nearly 100 in Israel alone—proclaim Messiah with a visibly Jewish witness. And from a trickle over the past 2,000 years, today there are tens of thousands of Jews in the United States who express some level of faith in Yeshua!”
2. Case in point Rabbi Jonathan Cahn’s message and gathering at The Return in 2020 in Washington DC.
a. This massive event was led by a Jewish Messianic Rabbi!
iii. Jewish voice declares, “God is opening long-blinded eyes and softening thousands of Jewish hearts just as the Scriptures promised. This is an obvious fulfillment of biblical prophecy—and a clear indication that the Last Days are upon us.”
iv. Through Jeremiah, God promised Israel a new covenant: “’No longer will each teach his neighbor or each his brother, saying: “Know ADONAI,” for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest.’ It is a declaration of ADONAI. ‘For I will forgive their iniquity, their sin I will remember no more’” (Jeremiah 31:33).
1. Reality check by Jewish voice, “At the Last Supper, a Jewish Passover Seder, Yeshua lifted the cup of Redemption and, sharing it, announced it was the cup of the New Covenant in His blood. There is a misconception that all the Jews rejected Jesus. In reality, the entire initial community of faith was Jewish. The Jews took the Gospel to the Gentiles, and eventually the Church became almost entirely Gentile and unrecognizable to the Jewish people. However, we are living in a time of Jewish revival!”
6. We have looked at these signs of the last days and the Jewish voice also believes the signs of the End Times are upon us:
a. “All around us, there are signs that the world is being made ready for Messiah’s return. The most important of these, as we have seen, is the restoration of the people of Israel to a right relationship with God.”
i. “Then I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication, when they will look toward Me whom they pierced. They will mourn for him as one mourns for an only son and grieve bitterly for him, as one grieves for a firstborn- Zechariah 12:10:
ii. “In that day a spring will be opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem to cleanse them from sin and impurity” (Zechariah 13:1).
iii. My answer to the question of the end times again , “I’m personally convinced that we are not very far away if not entering into the fulfillment of the end times. But the 3rd Temple needs to built first and we are closer than ever to the end of time as we know it – but only God the Father knows the exact time! – We just need to be ready now!”
What do we need to know from this message?
Answer: We need to know now is the time for spiritual renewal and rebuilding of our temples to Jesus – the time is short and we need to be ready - now! Now is the time to finish the temples – not later - we need to be worshipping now in our temples time is short - Jesus is coming again!
Why do we need to know this message?
Answer: Don’t be deceived Jesus is coming back – the Rapture will happen and we need to have our temples renewed, restored! No delay – no apathy the time is now! Don’t let life stop you from renewing your personal temple for the Holy Spirit – don’t let building your own careers -lives and or homes supersede the mission to renewal and finish rebuilding the temple of the Lord in your life. Follow the example of Ezra and get your house in order.
What do they need to do from this message?
Answer: Finish the mission from the Lord – rebuild – restore – renew your relationship with Him. Get the work done so others can come and worship God too! Renewing our temples will impact other people – revival is contagious!
Why do this?
Answer: Because it will bring revival - renewal– restoration to us - to our families and to our nation.