1. The Holy Spirit demonstrates His power in leaders by giving them supernatural hope when discouragement is all around. Just as people cannot live with air, food or water so the spirit cannot live without hope. Paul wrote, "May the God of hope fill with you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Rom. 15:13) Ask God to give you a buoyant attitude toward all of your relationships, ministries and perspectives so that others can be filled with ALL joy and peace.
2. The Holy Spirit proves His power in leaders by teaching them to envision all that God wants to accomplish through them. Jesus said to Peter, "Who do people say the Son of Man is? Peter answered, ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.’ Jesus said, ‘Blessed are you Simon for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter and on this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven." (Matt. 16:15-19) Peter used these keys when he announced that the door of the kingdom was unlocked to the Jews and later to the Gentiles of the whole world. Ask the Lord to give you a clear vision of what He wants to use you to accomplish in the qualitative and quantitative growth of His kingdom and righteousness.
3. The Holy Spirit attests to the power of God in leaders by giving them great courage, endurance and steadfastness. Peter wrote, "After you have suffered a little while, God will restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." (I Pet. 5:10) Ask the Lord to help you give evidence of His power through your acts of courage, endurance and steadfastness, regardless of any adversity.
4. The Holy Spirit gives a fuller description of God’s power in leaders by enabling them to stand up against evil powers. Paul wrote, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the spiritual forces of evil." (Eph. 6:10-12) Ask the Lord to help you give a more complete picture of His power to overcome ALL spiritual forces of evil in the world, in your sinful human nature and the in devil’s schemes.
5. The Holy Spirit gives proof of God’s power in leaders by giving them signs and miracles. Paul wrote, "By the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ." (Rom. 15:19) Ask the Lord to help you give proof of the Spirit’s power through signs, wonders and miracles in your proclamation ministries.
6. The Holy Spirit exhibits His power through leaders who are fully yielded to God’s purposes, plans and outcomes. Jesus bore the pain, suffering and shame of the cross through the power of God. He said, "Lord, let this bitter cup pass from Me. Yet, nevertheless, not as I will, but let your will be done." (Matt. 26:42) Ask the Lord to help you exhibit His power as you yield your entire, body, soul, mind and spirit to Him.
7. The Holy Spirit illustrates His power in leaders by giving them the words to speak in front of their opposition. One day when Jesus entered the temple, the chief priests and elders of the people came up to Him and said, ‘By what authority are you doing these things and who gave you this authority? Jesus said, "I will ask you a question and if you tell me the answer, then I will tell you by what authority I do these things. The baptism of John, where did it come from - heaven or from men?’ They said, "We do not know." Jesus said, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things." (Matt. 21:23-27) Ask God to give you the words, wisdom and self-control to illustrate His power when opposition challenges you.
8. The Holy Spirit displays His power by helping leaders to be harvesters rather than mere maintenance people. Jesus said, "I chose you and appointed you to go and bear much fruit - fruit that will last."(John 15:16) Ask the Lord to help you consistently aim for a fruitful spiritual harvest in quantity and quality.
9. The Holy Spirit confirms His power in leaders who are disciplining themselves for the purpose of Godliness. Paul wrote, "Discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness. For godliness is profitable in this life and also in the age to come." (I Tim. 4:7,8) Ask the Lord to help you become more disciplined in your use of time, resources, relationships, finances, family life, communications, ministries, & personal matters.
10. The Holy Spirit makes evident God’s power in leaders who are humbly praying and meditating on God’s word day and night so they can become more obedient and trusting of God. (Josh 1:8,9) Ask the Lord for help in maintaining a healthy devotional life so you can become more obedient & trusting in God.
11. The Holy Spirit bears out His power in leaders who are helping others to enhance their worship of God. Paul wrote, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in Christ." (Eph. 1:3) Ask the Lord to help you do everything you can to enhance your peoples’ personal, family, and public worship of our Almighty God.