Example for the Church (17)
A. An appeal for imitation (17)
B. Heb. 13:7, "Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation."
III. Enemies of the Cross (18-19)
A. Goal of the enemies (18-19) - Destruction
B. God of the enemies (19b) - Belly
C. Glory of the enemies (19c) - Shame
IV. Entrance of Christ (20-21)
A. Anticipation of the believer (20)
1. Living expectantly as citizens of Heaven (20a)
a. Conversation ö lifestyle, manner or living
b. Conversation - speech
3. Looking eagerly for Christ from Heaven (20b)
a. 1 Cor. 15:51-52, "Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all bechanged, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."
B. Transformation of the body (21)
1. A great change (21a)
2. A glorious change (21b)
3. 1 Corinthians 15:42-44, "So also is the
4. resurrection of the dead. It is sown in
5. corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
6. It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body"
7. A guaranteed change (21c)
a. 1 Corinthians 15:54-57, "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."