The Best Place
· Where is the best place to be with God?
· There are many right answers.
· But I want to make a statement this morning.
· The greatest moments of my Christian life have been when I didn’t know what to do next.
I. God moves more clearly in our weakness
· When things are going right it is hard to see his hand.
· We see his help maybe but not his hand.
· We may say he helped us but not He delivered us.
Well, what’s the big deal?
· After all I’m still giving God the glory.
· But are you receiving the full glory of His power working through you?
· Or are you tainting His power with your works?
The big deal is
· When you see only His help and not His hand you put yourself in the position of a vessel that is only half full.
· Like a water pot that has a hole near the top, you can put water in it but you can never fill it up.
· So! You can never receive the full amount.
· Your vessel is emptying out before it’s full.
· Answer! Let God break the vessel and make a new one.
· But I’m afraid to be broken what will happen to the broken pieces?
· One thing is sure He will never leave them lying on the ground.
· God does not leave broken pieces.
They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.
· God does not patch anything he breaks it and makes it new (potter)
· Pastor I just don’t see how you can have a hole in your vessel, then God comes along breaks it into pieces and good comes from it !
· Acts 27:44 (You find a story of a storm, A story of God, and God using broken pieces of the ship to get them safely to land.)
And the rest, some on boards, and some on broken pieces of the ship (Vessel). And so it came to pass, that they escaped all safe to land.
II. It is God’s heart to take you from brokenness to blessedness.
· What kind of blessedness?
· He wants to make you a vessel without holes.
· Why to bring to himself the greatest glory
John 2:6-7 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.  Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they filled them to the brim.
Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet."
They did so,
 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside  and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now."
 This, the first of his miraculous signs, Jesus performed at Cana in Galilee. He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him.
A little girl was walking home with her father one night.
As they trudged along in the darkness she said, “Take my hands, Papa! I can take only a little piece of yours, but you take the whole of mine.”