LUKE 17:7-10 "OUR DUTY TO WIN SOULS"
* Last week I preached a message titled, "A Prayer Request That Jesus Made." * Remember?
* It was Mt.9:35-38, "The harvest ... Pray ye therefore the Lord of ... send forth ......."
A) "Harvest" - the crop (v.35-36) * "Plenteous" - much, many * "Laborers" - toiler, worker.
* There was four things brought out about soul winning! * 1st: is a command of God!
* 2nd: it gives us a chance to show Jesus how much we love Him,
* 3rd: it gives us a chance to earn rewards, & 4th, it helps enlarge the kingdom of heaven and
it keeps souls out of a devil’s hell!
B) Tonight, I want to share with you first, the requirements of a soul winner!
* There are several requirements in being a soul winner! * Lets note them:
(1) MUST KNOW THAT HE IS SAVED! * If there is any doubt about one’s own salvation,
* The matter must certainly be cleared up before attempting to help someone else!
(2) MUST BE DEDICATED TO THE TASK! * Rom.12:1 "I beseech you therefore ......."
* I get tired of people saying, "Dear Lord, give me a burden to win souls!"
A) While you wait on that burden, go out and win a few! * The Lord didn’t tell you to win souls
if you have a burden; He said to win them anyway!
B) If you don’t want to, win them anyway! * If you don’t feel like it, win them anyway!
* If we went soul winning every time we felt like it, not a one of us would ever go, because Satan
will try and keep us from it! * Gal.2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I ......."
(3) MUST UNDERSTAND HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO THE LOST!
* To follow Christ as a soul winner is to have compassion (feel the pain of others in your heart).
A) Commissioned As A Soul Winner - Mt.28:19 * Charged To Be A Witness - Acts 1:8
* Entrusted With The Gospel - 1 Pt.4:10 "As every man hath received the gift, even so minister
the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God."
* Responsible To God - Eze.33:7 "I have set thee a watchman ......."
(4) MUST REALIZE WHAT IT MEANS TO BE LOST! * Do you realize what ... to be lost?
* Until we realize what it means to be lost, we’ll not do our best to win people to Christ!
A) The Lost Person Is Guilty Of Sin - Rom.3:23 "For all have sinned and come short ......."
* The Lost Person Is Dead In Sin - Eph. 2:1 "And you hath he quickened, who were ......."
B) The Lost Person Is Condemned Before God - John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not ..."
* The Lost Person Is Without God Or Hope - Eph.2:12 "... having no hope & w/o God ......."
C) The Lost Person Is Facing An Eternal Hell - 2 Thes.1:7-9 "And to you who are troubled ..."
* The Lost Person Is Blinded By Satan - 2 Cor.4:4 "In whom the god of this world ......."
* This is what it means to be lost!
(5) MUST HAVE REAL CONCERN! * Sowing in tears - Ps.126:5-6 "They that sow ......."
* Does sleep ever leave our eyes because of our concern for the souls around us?
(6) MUST REALIZE THE VALUE OF A SOUL! * The soul has an unlimited value because:
* Of It’s Divine Origin - Eze.18:4 "Behold, all souls are mine ......."
A) Of The Price Paid For It - Mt.20:28 "Even as the Son of Man came not to be ......."
* Of The Contention For It’s Possession - Rev.12:10 "... the accuser of our brethren ..."
B) Of The Eternal Destiny Awaiting It - James 5:20 "Let him know, that he which ......."
* Jesus said in Mk.8:36-37 "For what shall it profit a man , if he shall gain the whole ......."
(7) MUST MAINTAIN A HOLY PRAYER LIFE!
* If the Lord wept & prayed over lost souls, we must do the same - Lk.19:41-44
* Several things we must pray for:
A) Boldness To Speak To Lost Souls! * Boldness to speak for the Lord Jesus Christ!
* Wisdom To Speak To The One With Whom God Is Dealing With!
B) Courage To Be Willing To Witness To Anybody (target card commercial)
* Guidance As To What To Say
* Direction In Bringing The Prospect To A Decision For Christ.
(8) MUST HAVE A LOVING TACTFUL APPROACH! * What is tact?
* It is saying the right thing at the right time, witnessing casually and unnaturally! (dress - breath)
A) Use the word "F.O.R.M." * "F" - Family; "O" - Occupation; "R" - Religion; "M" - Message
* It’s very important to have a loving tactful approach! * Let me illustrate!
B) Knock on door, step back a little, be prepared to speak kindly & always have a smile!
* Introduce yourself, your church & your partner. * Me, church, wife, etc.
C) State your business - "We are visiting in behalf of our church and would like to invite you
to our services. May we come in?"
* You may be visiting an individual, so simply say, "We have come to visit John, Betty, etc.
May we come in?" * Or you may have already had an appointment to see someone in the home.
D) Now that you are inside, use the word "F.O.R.M." * This is a real simple method.
* It would be good to memorize this method & use it on visitation!
* Remember, always dress neat and have clean breath!
(9) MUST KNOW THE PLAN OF SALVATION! * The Roman Road is the best!
* The three "R’s" - Realize you’re lost, Repent of your sins, & Receive Christ as Savior.
* We want to use the Roman Road - You have a copy of the plan! * Let’s go through it!
A) Ask: "If it were possible to know for sure that you could go to heaven, would you be interested?"
* "Can I show you from the Bible how to be saved?" * Rom.3:10 "I’m not righteous & you ..."
* Rom.3:23 "We all fall short of God’s standards.
B) Rom.5:12 "In the beginning, God & Adam’s hearts were knit together. Through Adam’s
disobedience, their sweet togetherness was broken. Adam died, both spiritually & physically."
C) However, Rom.5:8 "Here we find Christ died on the cross, He became our substitute by
taking our place.
D) Rom.6:23a "Most people work for wages; our pay for being a sinner is death."
* Rom.6:23b "If someone gives you a gift & you receive it, you know you have it, right?"
E) Rom.10:13 "Is a promise! If we call on Jesus, we shall be saved, not maybe, not think so,
or hope so, but shall be!"
F) Rom.10:9-10 "Tells us how to call on the name of the Lord. Would you like to call on Him
now and be saved?" * Then lead in the sinner’s prayer!