Jesus Was A Mountain Man
The Text: Matthew 8:1-3
The Teaching: Jesus knew the need and the rewards of spending time alone with the Father.
Verse #1: When He came down from the mountain...
1. Jesus was not afraid of the Wildlife (Bears & Lions)
2. Jesus was not afraid of the local legends (Ghost Stories)
3. Jesus was not afraid of the Devil himself
...great multitudes followed Him...
1. Time in prayer makes us approachable
2. Time in prayer allows us to see others needs
3. Time in prayer allows God to use us for His glory
Verse #2: And behold , a leper came and worshiped Him, saying "Lord, if you are willing, You can make me clean."...
1. The Leper knew he could approach Jesus even though he was supposed to keep his distance
2. He knew his worship would be received even though he was unclean
3. He knew Jesus could do the impossible!
Verse #3: Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, "I am willing; be cleansed." Immediately his leprosy was cleansed...
1. There is no one Jesus is unwilling to touch!
2. There is no one Jesus is incapable of healing!
Note: The leper was pleased to just be touched! The fact that he was healed was icing on the cake!