Right or Wrong?
The Biblical View of Homsexuality
"On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.
A scout is : Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.
Today, this is considered by some to be the oath and creed of a dangerous and bigoted group. On March 23, 1998 the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Boy Scouts of America. A lawsuit had been filed by homosexual activist because an openly homosexual man was denied the position of Scout leader. The Supreme Court decision stated that since the Boy Scouts were a private organization, they could not be forced to alter their admittance requirements for Scout leaders and other executives within the organization.
The result of this decision and a major push by the media to condemn the Scouts has brought about withdrawal of funds from organizations like the United Way (In local chapters-the national group is still evaluating the possibility of a national withdrawal of funds.) Cities across the nation have withdrawn their financial grants and even permission for the scouts to use public facilities. The gay activist and media have for years tried to have the issue of homosexuality looked at by the same standards of other minorities. Tonight we will look at the issue of the Homosexual Lifestyle; not from the media or activist but from the Bible.
I. THE LIES OF HOMOSEXUALITY.
A) It is unloving to attempt to "Help" a homosexual out of their lifestyle.
1) On the Unitarian Universalist (Supposed Church) website, the boy scouts were blasted for their stand. One person from this group said "Maybe it is time to add Tolerance to the list of things in the Boy Scout oath.
2) The APA (American Physchological Association) a few years ago said it was harmful and against ethical standards to counsel a homosexual with the intent of changing behavior. Last year legislation with this group was introduced to threaten the revoking of license of any psychologist or psychiatrist who continued to do so.
B) Homosexuals are born that way and have no choice.
1) I have heard homosexuals make the statement "Why would anyone choose a lifestyle that is so filled with self righteous judgments of others.
2) Scientist Dr. Dean Haymer a geneticist from the University of Hawaii claimed to have found a Homosexual Gene that predisposed people to Homosexuality. What he failed to tell is that he is a Homosexual Activist and his study was not scientifically handled. This study was later sent to an independent group of Scientist for study. After spending a year trying to confirm this study they determined that no such gene existed. Since that time Dr. Haymer has admitted that it was a lie. When asked about this he and others in the movement have said "It doesn’t matter now, people already believe it and it has made life easier for homosexuals.
3) Homosexuals are not born that way but even if they were, Are we not all born with a sin nature? Does God not still require us to choose the cure for that nature? The cure is Jesus Christ.
C) There were homosexuals in Scripture. David and Jonathon
1) This is an pure lie of Satan. It is another example of Satan twisting Scripture to get people to disobey God.
2) There are homosexuals mentioned in Scripture but never in a positive context.
II. GOD’S WORD ON HOMOSEXUALITY
A) Leviticus 20:10-13;
B) Deut 23:17-18
C) Romans 1:19-32
Why there is such a debate in our land even between Christians about homosexuality is beyond me. The Bible is crystal clear concerning this issue. We have allowed the media to control our thinking. That is probably because the average believer spends much more time listening to the media than they do study and listening to God’s Word.
III. OUR VIEW ABOUT AND TREATMENT OF HOMOSEXUALS
A) Stand true on the Word of God as our standard. Heb 12:6-13
1) God chastens his children, He judges nations….why? So that we will walk a clear and straight path that will lead others to Him.
2) He doesn’t call us to go along to get along. He calls us to stand on the truth of his Word.
B) Be loving toward sinners. Mark 2:16-17
1) Jesus never condoned sinful behavior. He didn’t partake in sinful behavior. But He loved the sinful person in an attempt to reach them.
2) We should reach out to others who are hurting, confused, wicked…etc.
We share the truth of Scripture and offer a way of salvation through Jesus Christ.
C) Some would say "In the Old Testament they killed them as justification for hate."
Some would say "Judge not that ye be not judged as justification for condoning sinful behavior.
Under grace, we are not to take matters in our own hands. We are to reach out to them. But make no mistake. God is not mocked. One day He will judge those who refuse to accept Him.
Stand firm. Don’t let public opinion direct your moral compass. Support those that stand for truth.