THE SAVIOR AND THE SCROLL – REV. 5
The book of Revelation has a promise in chapter 1:3. The reason for that blessing is that the book of Revelation reveals Jesus in all his glory. Last time we saw Christ as the great Creator, but today we will see Him as the Great Savior. Now as we think of the end times remember what we said about when we can see the tribulation about to come then we know the rapture is around the corner. What will it be like in heaven? Before the Lord shows what is going to happen here on earth He gives us a view of the happenings in heaven. This scene in chapter 5 is of the Savior and the Scroll. What we will do we view each object that John saw.
I. THE FIRST THING THAT JOHN SAW WAS A SCROLL. (1-4)
A. The Description of the Scroll (1)
1. It was written on the front and back = complete and full.
2. It was sealed with 7 seals = Augustus Caesar’s will, official document of a title deed. – Symbolizes the deed of the universe, Jer. 32 Adam lost it to Satan now the control is purchased back.
B. The Proclamation from a Angel (2)
1. It is a challenge. Not who is willing – but who is worthy
(A lot of people have been willing – Nebuchadnezer – Hitler)
2. It is a Crisis (3)
C. The Depression of the Preacher (4)
1. The reason for this is the thought that the world will never be redeemed
2. The relief for this depression is to look at the right place. (5)
II. THE SECOND THING THAT JOHN SEES IS THE SAVIOR (5-7)
A. His Person
(Loin = Majesty, Tribe = humanity, Juda = nationality, root = duty)
B. His Power = ( has prevailed = conquered)
C. His Position = in the midst of the throne
D. His Passion = a lamb that had been slain
(This is the cost of redemption – not just any lamb or blood)
III. THE THIRD THING THAT JOHN SAW WAS THE 4 BEAST AND THE ELDERS. (8-10)
A. The Position that They Take – fall down (8)
B. The Possession that They Have.
2. Vials = prayers of the saints = Matt. 6:10 or prayers for those that will be saved.
C. The Praise That They Give (9)
(New song – quality – Is. 42:10)
1. For His Righteousness
2. For His Redemption
3. For Their Reward
IV. FOURTHLY JOHN SEES THE ANGELS
A. He Sees The Multitude of Angels (11)
B. He Hears the Message of the Angels(12)
V. FIFTHLY HE SEES THE WHOLE UNVIVERSE (13-14)
A. Who Is Included = every creature.
B. What are they saying
C. Who is Worshipped – the one that lives forever and sits upon the throne.