Why should I become a Christian?
Or, why should I remain a Christian?
I read an article this morning written by a preacher who really wanted people to become Christians. He came to this conclusion. There are three things that are hard to do.
1. Climb a fence leaning toward you.
2. Kiss a girl who is leaning away from you.
3. Help someone who does not wish to be helped.
Read Rev. 3:21-22
Four points we need to know before we make a decision about not to become a Christian!
1. So that you are not lost and go to Hell!
a. Matt. 13:42-30 and 13: 36-43 …where the fire is not quenched.
b. Rev. 20: 13-15 …lake of fire.
2. So that those who I influence might not be lost!
a. I Tim. 4:16 …save both yourself and those who hear you.
b. Duet. 6:4-7 …teach your children.
3. So that you will not miss out on the blessing of this life!
a. Duet. 6:10-19 …large and beautiful cities which you did not build, houses full of good things you did not fill, vineyards and olive trees you did not plant…
b. Matt. 6:25-33 …seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness first…
4. So that you will not miss out on Heaven!
a. Rev. 21:1-4 …new Heaven and a new Earth….
b. John 14:1-6 …I go to prepare a place for you… I am the way, the truth and the life…
It would be a terrible thing to live a good life, be a good person and then end up in a terrible place for the rest of eternity. It is not God purpose that any person should be lost.
Will you come forward in belief and repentance, make that great confession (Jesus is the Christ, the only begotten son of God) and be baptized to wash away your sins?