Summary: PROMISE, POWER, AND PERSON of the Holy Spirit. In this outline we briefly share 3 points of the work of the Holy Spirit to help the church be living testimonies to the world.
PROMISE, POWER, AND PERSON!
John 16:7-13 (KJV) 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
I. The Promise of the Holy Spirit coming for the Church with Power!
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:.............
A. Jesus made this promise. John 16:7b ............; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
1. Jesus said the Holy Spirit would .... 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
2. Remember you can't break God's promises by leaning on them!
3. A promise from God is a statement we can depend on with absolute confidence.
II. Power of the Holy Spirit is for us to be Acts 1:8b.... and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
A. Jesus gave this commission before He went to heaven. Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature
1. We are to be witnesses to the world what He did for them and what He has done for us.
2. Sad, but surveys around the world indicate that approximately 98 percent of the Christians do not regularly introduce others to the Savior. Also a Gallup poll indicated that out of all evangelical, American believers, "only two percent had introduced another person to Christ."
3. Definition of a witness. A witness is someone who by explanation and demonstration gives audible and visible evidence of what he has seen and heard without being deterred by the consequences of his action.
III. Person of Holy Spirit is now with us and can be in us.
John 14:17 (KJV) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
A. Peter tells us how we can receive the promise and gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
1. He will never leave you. Matthew 28:20. ....... lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Open your heart, repent and receive Jesus Christ as your personal saviour. Though Jesus paid the price for the whole world, we must make it personal and if we do, He will come into your life and make you part of the Family of God.